Was this one of you fuckers? Guy caught speeding has 48 bombs in his car.

El Karacho1647545492

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-police-man-stopped-speeding-had-48-bombs-164840670.html

LONDON, Ohio (AP) — A man stopped for speeding in Ohio was charged with illegally making or possessing an explosive device after nearly 50 bombs and four guns were found in his vehicle.

Andrew Scott Boguslawski, 43, was arrested late New Year's Day on Interstate 70 west of Columbus. Investigators found two pistols, two rifles, 48 explosive devices and tools and materials to make additional explosives, according to The (London) Madison Press (http://bit.ly/1gBVvmT ). Also inside was a remote detonating device, Assistant Madison County Prosecutor Nick Adkins said.

Investigators are trying to determine why the man had the arsenal. He faces a court hearing Friday in Madison County.

According to the state trooper who stopped him for going 85 mph in a 70-mph zone, Boguslawski said he had no weapons. However, the officer returned with a ticket and saw the handle of a gun between the man's knees.

"At that point, he drew his service weapon, held the man there and called for backup," said Adkins.

Boguslawski told authorities he has an attorney, but none was listed on the court docket. There was no phone listing for the street address listed for him on court records.

Adkins said a $1 million bond set for the defendant reflected the possible risk to the public.

People are fucking crazy.

Dude created his own problem. Was probably tannerite, but calling it a bomb gets better ratings. Yup, it's a bomb. Was he going to blow up a building, or just redneck celibrate New Years? He's wrong on wrong for lying about the weapons. Would like to hear what his plans were.

Dude created his own problem. Was probably tannerite, but calling it a bomb gets better ratings. Yup, it's a bomb. Was he going to blow up a building, or just redneck celibrate New Years? He's wrong on wrong for lying about the weapons. Would like to hear what his plans were.

He's lucky he's alive if he had a gun between his legs and didn't inform the officer. Traffic stops are the most dangerous things police do, they're always on edge.

EDIT: the madison press article quoted below. It would appear as though he was going to cross state lines with all these guns and "explosive devices". Who cares what his intent was, the laws are pretty clear and he was pretty willfully ignoring them. Guy's a fucking moron.

An Indiana man is in the Tri-County Regional Jail on a $1 million bond following his arrest with four guns and nearly 50 bombs.

Andrew Scott Boguslawski, 43, of Morris Hill, Ind., is being held, charged with one count of illegal manufacture or processing explosives, a felony of the second degree. He is set for a preliminary hearing Friday, Jan 10.

“I think there is a significant risk to the public,” said Assistant Madison County Prosecutor Nick Adkins, explaining the million dollar bond. “Until we can sort through the facts of this case and what we have here and what his intent was, it is necessary to keep the public safe.”

Boguslawski was stopped by troopers about 11:41 p.m., Jan. 1, on I-70 in Madison County. According to court documents he was stopped by Ohio State Highway Patrol Trooper William Davis allegedly driving 85 miles per hour in a 70 mile per hour zone.

“He asked the driver if there was any weapons in the vehicle,” said Adkins.

The prosecutor said the trooper was prompted to ask about weapons because of several bumper stickers on Boguslawski’s car —specifically a sticker warning “If you can read this, you’re in range.”

Boguslawski told the trooper there were no guns in the vehicle. Davis went to write the man a ticket and when he returned to the car, he noticed the handle of a gun between the man’s knees.

“At that point, he drew his service weapon, held the man there and called for backup,” said Adkins.

When help arrived, Boguslawski was taken from the vehicle, which was searched. Investigators found four guns — two pistols and two rifles — as well as 48 explosive devices and tools and materials to make additional explosives.

“Most concerning to me was that they found a remote detonating device,” said Adkins.

He added, “The majority of the devices, I would not classify as high tech, but some of the devices were set up to be activated with the remote detonator.”

Investigators are now trying to determine what Boguslawski had planned.

He did not make any type of statement,” said Adkins. “He did not want to make any statement.”

Boguslawski works in Indiana at a training facility for Navy Seals, Adkins said. The prosecutor said Boguslawski had schematics and other plans for buildings that are part of that training facility. Adkins said the man was driving west toward Indiana at the time of the arrest.

Investigators removed a laptop, a GPS system and a camera.

“We are hopeful they will reveal some indication what his intent was,” said Adkins.

Investigators are working through a search warrant for those items. Law enforcement officials have executed a search warrant for the man’s Indiana home.

“We are reviewing the information as it comes in and considering how we are going to proceed,” said Adkins. “We have several options.”

The assistant prosecutor said the Ohio Fire Marshall, The Ohio State Highway Patrol, the federal division of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms as well as the U.S. Department of Justice, have participated in the investigation.

“There is discussion whether Madison County will handle this or whether it will be handled at the federal level,” said Adkins. “Really, that decision comes down to what we find when we process the GPS, camera and laptop.”

He said investigators are “looking for a link to any known terrorist operations and to identify the intended target.”

Adkins said the man does not have “any real criminal history.”

He's lucky he's alive if he had a gun between his legs and didn't inform the officer. Traffic stops are the most dangerous things police do, they're always on edge.

EDIT: the madison press article quoted below. It would appear as though he was going to cross state lines with all these guns and "explosive devices". Who cares what his intent was, the laws are pretty clear and he was pretty willfully ignoring them. Guy's a fucking moron.

Agreed, he's a huge moron. I would still like to know his intent. I'd rather hear is was tannerite than dynomite bombs. Sad part is many people just don't even bother to be informed about crossing state lines with guns and other things.

Agreed, he's a huge moron. I would still like to know his intent. I'd rather hear is was tannerite than dynomite bombs. Sad part is many people just don't even bother to be informed about crossing state lines with guns and other things.

What's wrong with crossing state lines with guns?

What's wrong with crossing state lines with guns?

Nothing, as long as you are in complicance with the state you are traveling through. most people just don't even bother to see what that is. Example, if I was going to the range here in Ohio with an AR, I simply travle unloaded and ammo in a seperate part of the car from the gun. If I'm going to Vermont; by way of Albany, New York, last I check the AR was not allowed. So I would reroute or completely disassemble for travel.

Ask Plaxico Burress.

Crossing state lines with a gun = shooting yourself in the dick????

In Indiana you have to have a permit to transport guns.

FOPA prevents you from transporting across state lines if firearms are in any way accessible, IIRC.

Nothing, as long as you are in complicance with the state you are traveling through. most people just don't even bother to see what that is. Example, if I was going to the range here in Ohio with an AR, I simply travle unloaded and ammo in a seperate part of the car from the gun. If I'm going to Vermont; by way of Albany, New York, last I check the AR was not allowed. So I would reroute or completely disassemble for travel.

Negative. There's a sticky about this in the gun section for a reason...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act

One of the law's provisions was that persons traveling from one place to another cannot be incarcerated for a firearms offense in a state that has strict gun control laws if the traveler is just passing through (short stops for food and gas), provided that the firearms and ammunition are not immediately accessible, that the firearms are unloaded and, in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment, the firearms are located in a locked container.[8]

Under this provision, someone driving from Virginia to a competition in Vermont with a locked hard case containing an unloaded handgun and a box of ammunition in the trunk could not be prosecuted in New Jersey or New York City for illegal possession of a handgun provided that the individual did not stop in New Jersey or New York for an extended period of time.

See 18 USC § 926A http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A

Since you are crossing state lines, the federal gov actually did something smart for once. The problem is that state cops would probably still try to nail you for whatever they can if they happen to find you in their jurisdiction, but federal law would bail you out so long as you were following it. I don't see how (or why I should have to) get an Indiana permit to transport a firearm if I don't live in Indiana. Or why I couldn't drive to Vermont or New Hampshire with an AR, passing through NY. Or why I couldn't drive through Colorado on my way to Nevada with 30 round PMAGs. Just have to make sure everything is inaccessible without getting out of the car or, if there's no trunk, unlocking the case, and everything is unloaded, and you are fine.

In Indiana you have to have a permit to transport guns.

Only if the the guns are loaded. If they are unloaded and locked in the trunk, you are fine. If you have a loaded handgun and have a carry permit that is recognized by the state of Indiana, you are fine with it being accessible.

FOPA prevents you from transporting across state lines if firearms are in any way accessible, IIRC.

Firearms Owners’ Protection Act, or FOPA, protects those who are transporting firearms for lawful purposes from local restrictions which would otherwise prohibit passage. But it isn't completely true, see below.

http://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/articles/2010/guide-to-the-interstate-transportation.aspx