Reddy Heater Repair

SICKNESS22

Anyone on hear repair these or know someone that does? I have a 170T model and the fumes are horrible and eye watering. I've installed new filter, fuel filter, adjusted the fuel pressure as much as it would let me, but no where close to the 6psi it calls for, the most i can get is 2psi, any suggestions would be helpful, I'm done messing around with it and need it to work, Thanks

Are you talking about the fan blade? I have a heater doing this also. My heater has never been apart so not sure how it would have got damaged.

No. There is a graphite rotor (and 4 graphite vanes) inside the filter housing. The motor turns the fan and rotor, the vanes pull a vacuum from the fuel tank and push it to the nozzle. IIRC, you take off the fan/motor, pull off the filter housing (8mm???), then pull off the cover behind the filters. Inside you should find the rotor and vanes. They break frequently, usually if the units been dropped or something, and sometimes for no reason at all. There are 2 sizes (same diameter, different thicknesses). A parts supplier should be able to tell you what you need if that is the problem (it probably is).

No. There is a graphite rotor (and 4 graphite vanes) inside the filter housing. The motor turns the fan and rotor, the vanes pull a vacuum from the fuel tank and push it to the nozzle. IIRC, you take off the fan/motor, pull off the filter housing (8mm???), then pull off the cover behind the filters. Inside you should find the rotor and vanes. They break frequently, usually if the units been dropped or something, and sometimes for no reason at all. There are 2 sizes (same diameter, different thicknesses). A parts supplier should be able to tell you what you need if that is the problem (it probably is).

In my heater, the vanes stick. It's been like this since it was new. When I turn it on they either keep the motor from spinning, or they don't slide properly. Think new vanes would do the trick or is there some sort of cleaning I could do?

In my heater, the vanes stick. It's been like this since it was new. When I turn it on they either keep the motor from spinning, or they don't slide properly. Think new vanes would do the trick or is there some sort of cleaning I could do?

You might try cleaning them (air compressor???). The graphite wears off and is perhaps gumming stuff up. If that doesn't work, you might try taking some fine sandpaper to them and/or the rotor so they slide easier. I've never done that, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

If you decide to replace the rotor/vanes (sold as a set), they aren't that expensive IIRC.

I've taken sandpaper to them several times. I'm guessing at this point its just dusty, but yeah I wouldn't be opposed to getting a new rotor and vanes. Where would I find those?

I bet equipment rental places sell the parts for them. My stepfather's equipment rental repaired them and sold parts for them, so I would think others would be similar.

A quick Google got me this:

http://www.reddyparts.com/reddy_heater_reference.htm