Educate me on the Q7

caseyctsv

Yup, to echo what Aaron said, the V8 sounds better, and will give you more "GO" above 100 for sure. That being said, for what it is, the TDI is the best choice. I test drove one of the first Q7 TDI's released (White TDI Clean Diesel Fleet) and found it easy to get 30mpg on the freeway. You aren't going to get that out of any other giant luxury SUV sans BMW X5 Diesel, but I much preferred the way the Q7 drove.

If you plan on towing at anytime, definitely option for the diesel, it's fantastic.

Either way, go drive both and see what you like, pretty personal decision in the end.

I have the V8 Touareg and love it, but I got mine for CHEAP off a trade in for a Q7 TDI I sold. I get about 14-17mpg on avg driving it on the daily. I can get 18-19 highway, but that isn't easy due to heavy foot.

The things I would say is watch out for Air suspension models if you don't need it don't get it. It can be very costly down the road and that will wear and need something from a few hundred to thousands if the airs suspension light comes on.

As I'm sure you have read this will eat tires for breakfast, lunch, and dinner of you let it. 20-25K miles will be what most normal tires will wear at. If you can stay away from models with 19" wheels cause tires are very costly in that size and are limited. If everything is perfect get the 19" wheels but just find some 18" or 20" for cheaper tires if you plan on keeping it.

Another major thing with higher miles models the rear center drive shaft support bearing. If you can get under it and use a flash light from towards the rear to see how the rubber looks.

Feel free to ask any other questions. I'm in New York for Lamborghini training so I could be a little delayed. Jones knows a lot about them also of you need something before I can get back to you.

Thanks for the replies. I am looking to replace the Suburban and am considering going down to one car, for now. So getting rid of the Caddy too. Long and short of it is I don't have the room for the 5 cars (2 teenage drivers) we have now or the time to maintain them like I want to. I have had 3 Suburbans and have loved them all, but know that I might go crazy driving one of those every day. I would be looking at something nearly new not older with higher miles. I noticed they added the 3.0t recently. Probably just need to drive them

Thanks for the replies. I am looking to replace the Suburban and am considering going down to one car, for now. So getting rid of the Caddy too. Long and short of it is I don't have the room for the 5 cars (2 teenage drivers) we have now or the time to maintain them like I want to. I have had 3 Suburbans and have loved them all, but know that I might go crazy driving one of those every day. I would be looking at something nearly new not older with higher miles. I noticed they added the 3.0t recently. Probably just need to drive them

If you sell the caddy make sure to give toe folks here on CR a chance to buy it. :)