2000 VW Passat GLX

zeitgeist57

EDIT: I will likely be moving the car down to FL instead of selling it. If I don't by March, I'll put it back up for sale. Thanks for the interest, everyone!

Gauging intadest in selling, as I'll likely be picking up a car in the next couple of months.

2000 VW Passat GLX - 175k one-owner miles. 2.8L 30valve V6, 5-speed manual, every option that year except for CD changer in the trunk (it's 2014…LOL @ CDs, amirite?) Wife bought it from MAG in May of 2000 after graduating college.

GOOD:

- Sunroof, heated leather seats, Monsoon stereo, PW/PL A/C in great shape.

- Awesome highway cruiser. Easily do 85+ and it just hums along.

- Timing belt/water pump/thermostat done by Sean @ Northend Wrench last summer. Less than 5k miles since then.

- Newer Milestar tires from Derek @ TireDiscounters. Less than 6k miles on them.

- Gently modded: K&N air filter, Eibach springs/Bilstein shocks, 18" wheels and tires, tint.

BAD:

- Leather is cracked in backseat. Comes with a full LeatherSeats.com interior package to reupholster the entire car.

- Rust starting to show around drivers' rear wheel well.

- Was rear-ended when it was only 4 months old (09/2000, not even 3k on the odometer). That was over 172k miles ago. Needless to say, no issues.

- Heater core is plugged up. Car is pretty chilly in winter. Needs a core back flush per PassatWorld recommendations (common problem on older B5 Passats).

- Some dings, paint cracks on back bumper, but overall the car still takes a shine pretty well.

- Coolant leak in radiator, some oil leaks repaired but still a drop somewhere on occasion.

This is a surprisingly big car on the inside and trunk that's great for any parent with a couple young kids. Holds even rear-facing car seats easily while roomy in front for 6' adults. Looking for $1800, as CarMax will offer me just a few hundred under that. I'll clean the car and get some pics once it gets warmer. :thumbup:

Edited by zeitgeist57
Change of plans