T-Mobile Peeps chime in

TTQ B4U

How is T-Mobile for coverage here in Central Ohio? How about overall?

Currently we have 3 phones on AT&T but I'm thinking of moving over if the costs are lower and quality good.

I have ZERO issues with AT&T coverage wise, etc.....no dropped calls, nothing.

I am grandfathered into unlimited data but honestly don't use more than 2gb as I don't stream anything. I wouldn't mind having a hotspot without worry of being hit either. Not sure about T-mobiles plans but am going to look into it.

I have 1,400 minutes

Unlimited Data

Unlimited Texts

3 phones

I make use of their A-List (circle of friends, blah, blah...)

Thoughts?

we just had a thread about tmobile 3 days ago lol

try here buttercup.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116108

How is T-Mobile for coverage here in Central Ohio? How about overall?

Currently we have 3 phones on AT&T but I'm thinking of moving over if the costs are lower and quality good.

I have ZERO issues with AT&T coverage wise, etc.....no dropped calls, nothing.

I am grandfathered into unlimited data but honestly don't use more than 2gb as I don't stream anything. I wouldn't mind having a hotspot without worry of being hit either. Not sure about T-mobiles plans but am going to look into it.

I have 1,400 minutes

Unlimited Data

Unlimited Texts

3 phones

I make use of their A-List (circle of friends, blah, blah...)

Thoughts?

I have had tmobile since 2002 and have had no issues up until this this(sent a few bad warranty phones and trying to charge me) other then this no issues with there customer service at all.

Service is over all everywhere, here and there I don't get a lot of data but never had a single issue with a call being dropped.

I pay less than 65 a month for unlimited data 1k min unlimited texts.

My mom has the same as me but 3 lines for like 110. We might both be grandfathered in on a good deal from years ago, but even new plans are dirt cheap.

I've been seriously considering this as well as one of my co-workers is on a plan with 4 phones for 100 a month and that's data/text/calls... he said he uses google voice for most of his calls and subsidizes the miss in some of his coverage with wifi picking up the difference since he can't get t-mobile service in his house.

with t-mobile there's alot of up front costs unless you subsidize your phone cost but then your monthly cost is the same as verizon and sprint.

I have had tmobile since 2002 and have had no issues up until this this(sent a few bad warranty phones and trying to charge me) other then this no issues with there customer service at all.

Service is over all everywhere, here and there I don't get a lot of data but never had a single issue with a call being dropped.

I pay less than 65 a month for unlimited data 1k min unlimited texts.

My mom has the same as me but 3 lines for like 110. We might both be grandfathered in on a good deal from years ago, but even new plans are dirt cheap.

+1, my family has been with T-Mobile since 1999 when they were called Voicestream so we have a killer deal, but even new plans are cheap.

Customer service is excellent, coverage/data in Columbus is excellent, and I never have dropped calls even when I'm in BFE. But if you want to use data or any internet or whatever out in the country past the suburbs, forget about it. Thats my only complaint

• 2 months later...
They do as long as u trade in a phone

And, almost any phone. Is your current phone semi decent? Pick up an old crappy Android or Blackberry on ebay for cheap, and trade that it. Then sell your device on Swappa or something. Unless you can use it on tmobile, then you're set!

And, almost any phone. Is your current phone semi decent? Pick up an old crappy Android or Blackberry on ebay for cheap, and trade that it. Then sell your device on Swappa or something. Unless you can use it on tmobile, then you're set!

Be careful doing this I started reading up on this and some info stated that they pay your early termination fee when you trade-in a phone based off how much your phone is worth and if you're early termination fee cost more then your phone is worth you have to pay the difference in your monthly contract. Not sure if this is true or not but it makes sense.

So check to see if this is true, if it is you might make some money selling the phone to pay your etf vs them doing it for you, and you losing the extra $

Now if they pay it regardless of the phone and theres no extra fee then heck yes buy a cheepie phone. Cant imagine this would be the case though.

Be careful doing this I started reading up on this and some info stated that they pay your early termination fee when you trade-in a phone based off how much your phone is worth and if you're early termination fee cost more then your phone is worth you have to pay the difference in your monthly contract. Not sure if this is true or not but it makes sense.

So check to see if this is true, if it is you might make some money selling the phone to pay your etf vs them doing it for you, and you losing the extra $

Now if they pay it regardless of the phone and theres no extra fee then heck yes buy a cheepie phone. Cant imagine this would be the case though.

Unless they have changed their policy since I was looking into it, you can trade in a cheap phone. When I was looking at it they would pay you for your phone, so if you traded in a new one you would get like $150 or so towards one of their phones. So if you had something newer on AT&T like a Samsung Galaxy S4 and they would give you less than what you would get on Swappa for it (at least $250, if not substantially more), then you could definitely come out better that way. Like I said, they may have changed it, but this is how it originally was.

An update that may help others..

I contacted AT&T about my issues and they helped me greatly.

We were not on a family share plan, so they changed my plan (without updating my contract) and saved me over 60$ a month.

Same data, unlimited calling instead of limited minutes unlimited text.

They also gave me the money saved from last 3 bills in credit. So I have almost 200$ in credit.

An update that may help others..

I contacted AT&T about my issues and they helped me greatly.

We were not on a family share plan, so they changed my plan (without updating my contract) and saved me over 60$ a month.

Same data, unlimited calling instead of limited minutes unlimited text.

They also gave me the money saved from last 3 bills in credit. So I have almost 200$ in credit.

Nice. I am on Verizon. I called them two months ago requesting they 'unlock' my phone so that I can move my phone to another provider. He magically switched me to a better plan which saved me just over $30 per month. I still feel like I'm overpaying with there only being 2 phones on the plan though.

Verizon couldn't come anywhere close to what I'm paying with T-Mobile... I made the change and haven't looked back. I have one spot on my drive home that my phone drops signal, but picks it back up half a mile down the road, I find it frustrating at times when it happens, but saving almost 100 a month and having 3 phones with unlimited talk, text, and web make it worth it to me.

I ended up moving to the AT&T $160 per month plan. we get 10 gigs of data 4 lines unlimited text messaging blah blah blah blah. It all works well for our our family, and the update to kit kat fixed my note 3 navigation issues.