Carb - Rebuild or replace

caseyctsv

I am working on getting my daughter's 66 GMC Pick up with a 79 Chevy 350 ready for Spring. I pulled off the carburator to rebuild it and was doing a little research. The carb is a Holley 3310-6 which I gather is a 750 CFM with a vacuum secondary. It is also a manual choke, which was not even hooked up. The parts store gave me the wrong rebuild kit which I did not even notice until I opened it so now they won't take it back.

Anyways, should I go ahead and rebuild this thing or get a new carb in a smaller size? Would a 600 or 650 CFM model do better for a very mild to stock 350? While I am at it I suppose I could also upgrade to an electric choke?

I appreciate any insight - this is the first time I have tackled a carb and while it is very interesting it is a bit overwhelming as most that know carbs know it so well it is hard for them to dumb it down!

that carb is huge for your app. id go 600cfm if it were me with elec choke

Exactly what I was thinking.

I've heard mixed opinions on Edelbrock carbs, but have always had good luck with the couple Hollys that I've used and worked on.

My vote is to go buy a new 600cfm holley with vacuum secondaries. If you need help with setting it up feel free to PM me, I'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you Nick. I may just take you up on that, a good reason I frequent this site!

I found what appears to be a good deal: Holley # 80457 - 600 CFM - electric choke - 199.99 (factory remanufacture). Any thoughts?

On the one I posted, it is a single fuel line feed. The one I pulled off was a dual line feed. Is there any advantage to the dual line other than being able to run more fuel? This thing will be an around the town cruiser - almost stock. I am thinking the single would be fine and should be easy to convert. Thoughts?

On the one I posted, it is a single fuel line feed. The one I pulled off was a dual line feed. Is there any advantage to the dual line other than being able to run more fuel? This thing will be an around the town cruiser - almost stock. I am thinking the single would be fine and should be easy to convert. Thoughts?

Yes you would be right, just for more fuel ability. Iirc just about any 600cfm carb is single feed, not a big deal. I'd go with what you posted.