How much of a tool would I be?

copperhead

This is good info exchanged in here, along with some opinion. "Was told" is typically a terrible reference. If you want to operate in the gray area, be comfortable with what may come of it. You don't have to think it's right, but if you end up with an issue, you have to deal with it. Sighting a website, other than the enforcing agency, may not give you the answers you need.

Not true. A product sold that is manufactured with and intended use (and cleared by the ATF) can be used in whatever manner is chosen. Call sig, ask sig. Call ATF, ask atf. They will tell you the same thing.

When I had mine I shouldered it every time at the range. As did everyone who wanted to try it. No issues. The ATF regulates the gun you shoot, not how you shoot it.

People shoulder AR pistols all the time... and the ATF knows this. how is this different from a legal standpoint?

IF they would make claims that hovered in that "gray area" then I would think you would have a great chance to get rich....

Do you suppose that in that letter that describes it's intended use, the ATF OKs it as a makeshift stock? I doubt that.

Tannerite's intended use is as a reactive target. Feel free to call up the ATF and tell them you're using it for demolition purposes. Let me know what they have to say.