Diesel fan bois come on in

caseyctsv

Thanks for all of the info - list now includes:

2011+ Audi Q7 TDI and 3.0t

2010+ Mercedes GL320 Bluetec

2010+ Suburban LTZ

(That is the order I would put them in, but if I am honest I think we will end up with another Suburban)

If we go Suburban it will continue to be an "extra" car which I am trying to avoid. Playing vehicle Tetris in my driveway is getting old.

We've got an A3 TDI now and are looking into a SUV to replace it and she likes the T-reg/Q7 TDI or gas, GLk450's, Tahoe/Suburbans. We need towing capacity for a boat and while I love the mileage we're getting out of the A3 I don't see the need for diesel in our next vehicle. Mainly based on price and annual miles we actually will use the vehicle. I also favor the GM as you can still get them nicely optioned (LTZ) but I predict less headaches in older/higher mileage models. Not sure what your budget is but ours isn't putting us in a new model in anything we choose.

We've got an A3 TDI now and are looking into a SUV to replace it and she likes the T-reg/Q7 TDI or gas, GLk450's, Tahoe/Suburbans. We need towing capacity for a boat and while I love the mileage we're getting out of the A3 I don't see the need for diesel in our next vehicle. Mainly based on price and annual miles we actually will use the vehicle. I also favor the GM as you can still get them nicely optioned (LTZ) but I predict less headaches in older/higher mileage models. Not sure what your budget is but ours isn't putting us in a new model in anything we choose.

I won't buy new - it's not about the budget I will just let someone else take the 20% depreciation driving it off the lot :-)