flappy bird

Jackson1647545504

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why the fuck this game became so popular to begin with, the actual game (helicopter I think? not entirely sure which one was first since there's been so many) is like 8000 years old and nobody gives a shit about it. The entire game is a complete rip, and I hope Nintendo tears his ass open if the speculation is true about them threatening legal action. The interview is hilarious. "Something different from mobile games today"? Uhhh okay dude.

That's the same game that came to mind for me when I saw it except he's replaced the helicopter with a bird to help familiarize and cash in on the whole angry birds thing. But, whatever, wish I'd come up with some money making silly ass idea. lol

You asked what the speculation was, I answered. Not my fault you didn't like the answer, or the creator's repudiation of the speculation.

I followed this over the weekend on the Wall street Journal and Business Insider and neither speculated that it was legal troubles. Both confirmed that it was because of how overwhelming it was for the creator along with crazy amounts of harassment specifically the claims that he was using bots to inflate the rankings

What a crap game. It's like Kim K., only famous for being famous.

Then you see shit like this:

http://phandroid.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/flappy-birds-ebay-640x247.png

We've reached a new level of stupid.

74 bids? no way tha'ts legit.

BRB, listing my iphone w/ flappy bird app on eBay for $1billion - will hope some sheik from Dubai wants to get his name in the headlines for buying the world's most expensive phone.

You know, I really wouldn't put it past some dumbfuck oil tycoon fuckass heir to do something like this... maybe get it gold encrusted first though.

I'm happy to report I have hit a new high score of 16. I think this ranks just below the birth of my daughter and slightly above when I graduated first in my doctoral class.

On another note, what claim would Ninetendo have to sue this guy? Does Ninentendo hold the proprietary rights to things that look like green tubes? I get it if, say, his game featured two Russian plumbers named Dmitri and Yuri that hopped around and collected silver coins while trying to save a queen and they ate broccoli to make them double in size, but this? I fail to see the infraction.

I'm happy to report I have hit a new high score of 16. I think this ranks just below the birth of my daughter and slightly above when I graduated first in my doctoral class.

On another note, what claim would Ninetendo have to sue this guy? Does Ninentendo hold the proprietary rights to things that look like green tubes? I get it if, say, his game featured two Russian plumbers named Dmitri and Yuri that hopped around and collected silver coins while trying to save a queen and they ate broccoli to make them double in size, but this? I fail to see the infraction.

Nintendo already publicly stated they had no interest in going after this guy.

That Nintendo was, in fact, all over his ass for ripping off the Cheep-Cheeps and whatnot from Mario Brothers. Though $50k/day in ad revenue.

If this is true 50k a day in add revenue

Then this has to be bull, who passes up 15+million yearly because of there guily conscience that its addictive. There has to be way more to it lol

I love stories like this. Just like Snapchat passing up 3 billion. People aren't in it for the money and those on the outside cannot wrap their heads around it, especially the media.

Creators are in it to make great experiences and own what they have built.

(even if the pipes do look like mario, lol)

If this is true 50k a day in add revenue

Then this has to be bull, who passes up 15+million yearly because of there guily conscience that its addictive. There has to be way more to it lol

It's hard to believe at first that's why. But it's not like he's not still making money. The app is still installed on a ton of phones, and he's still making money off the ads from those I'd imagine. The article also mentions having 2 other popular apps.