Free broken 52" TV

copperhead

I have a Panasonic PT-52LCX66 tv that broke, and I want it out of the house. Newegg still has a description of it here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889187023

The problem is that it made some crackling noises, and then the replace lamp light started flashing. Ordered this replacement lamp:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003QIVFC0/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Put it in, hit the power button, made some crackling noises, and now instead of the replace lamp light flashing, the power light is flashing yellow 7 times. I don't know what that error code means. I had to have it repaired a couple years ago and I don't remember if that was the same error code as then or not.

Anyway, it's free to a good home, although I would be happy to take a donation of a box of 9mm or .45 ammo. I'll help you carry it out and load it, as it is big and heavy, but I won't deliver it and I won't meet you anywhere. If you want it you are driving to Johnstown (PM me for address).

I managed to fit it into the back seat of the Tundra extended cab truck that I used to have, but barely. It will not fit in a car, and I'm pretty sure it won't fit in a wagon, so try to bring a truck or SUV.

It comes with the remote, but it was used as a chew toy by a dog I used to have so it no longer works. I've been using a Logitech Harmony without problem but that isn't included.

I would love to pick this up, but I won't be available to pick it up until Sunday. If it's not called for by then, I'll gladly come get it, Mike.

FYI, the 7 amber blinks means "lamp cover unsecured." There's apparently a circuit that checks to make sure the cover is on correctly.

I would love to pick this up, but I won't be available to pick it up until Sunday. If it's not called for by then, I'll gladly come get it, Mike.

FYI, the 7 amber blinks means "lamp cover unsecured." There's apparently a circuit that checks to make sure the cover is on correctly.

First reply, it's yours. Sunday kinda sucks for me, I'll be somewhat available from like 5-6pm, or after midnight. Through the week I'll be available every evening.

And in regards to what you said, I do believe I had the cover off when I tried to start it up. That doesn't change the fact that it made a crackling noise before it started flashing yellow. May have just been a bad lamp, may have been something else, no clue.