License Tag "It;s a V"

hpfiend

• 3 weeks later...

I think it belongs to an older guy named Steve something? He ran SCCA AutoX with us for a season back when we were still running at Cooper Stadium. It had Lingenfelter engine mods too. Not much of a driver, but what a great car.

BeerMan

Hmmm...and it sounds good? I think it sounds good without the mufflers but I am still on stock manifolds with cats

Just removing the cats will get you where you want to be sound and power wise. Unless you making 500+WHP, there is NO need to replace the hot pipes on a V IMO. I put an x pipe on a V with headers and mufflers-it went from nice to raspy and obnoxious. Made no difference in power.

Just removing the cats will get you where you want to be sound and power wise. Unless you making 500+WHP, there is NO need to replace the hot pipes on a V IMO. I put an x pipe on a V with headers and mufflers-it went from nice to raspy and obnoxious. Made no difference in power.

Yeah I have kicked around headers and a Corsa exhaust as that seems to be the best sounding combo on these cars and minimize drone, but you are talking 1000 for headers and another 1200 for the exhaust. When I look at that I say cutting the mufflers off is a bargain. I am not sure I want it any louder for what I use it for.

Yeah I have kicked around headers and a Corsa exhaust as that seems to be the best sounding combo on these cars and minimize drone, but you are talking 1000 for headers and another 1200 for the exhaust. When I look at that I say cutting the mufflers off is a bargain. I am not sure I want it any louder for what I use it for.

You dont-trust me!

Muff Delete and intake

or

The kiitchen sink. There is no middle ground here.

I went the cheap route and bought Pacesetter's. As long as I get a little more sound than stock (with some added power) I'll be happy.

Let us know what the difference is.

Believe it or not- the most noticeable difference in sound and power I have seen is with a CAM, headers or not.

Let us know what the difference is.

Believe it or not- the most noticeable difference in sound and power I have seen is with a CAM, headers or not.

I plan on going with a fairly aggressive cam in the next few months. Just need to figure out which heads I want to build to support it.

I plan on going with a fairly aggressive cam in the next few months. Just need to figure out which heads I want to build to support it.

Stock.

Just toss a spring in it. People are making literally 1000s of HP on stock heads. Unless you have money to burn, or are trying to set records, or can do it yourself, I don’t think an aftermarket head, PP, or work involved with bigger vales is going to be worth the 8-10whp you will see in the upper RPMs on a stock LS6 or Ls2

Take it with a grain of salt as I am a cheap dick backyard racer, but I always look for the cheapest path to achieve my desired velocity. :)