UAW defeated in Tennessee VW Plant

zeitgeist57

We know that the UAW would have meant higher operation costs for VW, and therefore higher vehicle costs for consumers. What would it have meant for VW Employees at the plant? Better wages? Better benefits? The generally-selfish nature of humans would make those hard to turn down.

unions were necessary when they were formed in the 1920s-30s. when people were fired for losing a limb they lost at work... yes that is when unions were needed.

Now they are just a gluttony of jimbobs trying to get 8 weeks vacation from their $35 an hour job because that license plate installation is so taxing on the body with their perfectly ergonomic tools. I guarantee if the union would move in there, VW would close that facility in short time just to prove a point.

I think it's great that VW stepped aside and let the UAW try to sell all the workers why they should join the union and the workers voted no. Maybe people actually realize that the union is a pos or atleast I'm hoping. They made a big deal about how if they couldn't unionize in Chattanooga they couldn't get in anywhere in the south. So for now they can keep running Detroit into the ground.

We know that the UAW would have meant higher operation costs for VW, and therefore higher vehicle costs for consumers. What would it have meant for VW Employees at the plant? Better wages? Better benefits? The generally-selfish nature of humans would make those hard to turn down.

Unemployment sometime in the future because the plant could no longer be competitive.

I'm on a job right now and the general Contractor is union. The other day they had words with our higher ups saying that because we have a forklift to unload our own material that someone with their company's doesn't have a job.

I was warned by their safety to always wear my safety glasses. I took them off and had them in my hand because they fogged up and froze. I was standing in an area where no work was going on. I asked him why nothing is said about there guys being allowed to wear their hard hats backwards which is clearly a violation and why they don't tie down their argon tanks. I then got a visit from my boss saying to keep my mouth shut.

Unions are a joke and not needed.

I'm on a job right now and the general Contractor is union. The other day they had words with our higher ups saying that because we have a forklift to unload our own material that someone with their company's doesn't have a job.

I was warned by their safety to always wear my safety glasses. I took them off and had them in my hand because they fogged up and froze. I was standing in an area where no work was going on. I asked him why nothing is said about there guys being allowed to wear their hard hats backwards which is clearly a violation and why they don't tie down their argon tanks. I then got a visit from my boss saying to keep my mouth shut.

Unions are a joke and not needed.

I see it all the time out on jobs, which only adds to my dislike of unions and most of the guys that work in them. Self-entitlement is why your jobs go across the ocean. I feel like I need a break after all that typing. <-----that's how it works.