Wanted: Cheap Video Card

jeffro

Looking for something PCI or PCI-E. Must have an HDMI out. Looking for as cheap as possible. Dont really care about RAM or clockspeed. Need small form factor but could probably modify a regular card to fit.

Hit me up if you got something.

I'm running a GeForce 210 in my htpc as well, does a good job.

Not bad. Thanks the the link. I have been to microcenter twice this week already. :lol: The big thing is i want to be able to run 1080i/p out of my machine. I currently have it connected via VGA, which does support 1080, but my tv does not support 1080 through vga. Best it can do is 720p. Pat, what system are you running on your htpc?

Oh, one other thing... Do graphics cards support audio through hdmi? Any way of rendering that so i dont have to have a separate set of cables going to my receiver?

Edited by jeffro

I have that evga 560ti I am not using anymore. it has mini-hdmi (or whatever its called) and I used an adapter with to run hdmi with audio to my tv. real solid card but might be too big for your purposes.

Definitely too big... lol

Not bad. Thanks the the link. I have been to microcenter twice this week already. :lol: The big thing is i want to be able to run 1080i/p out of my machine. I currently have it connected via VGA, which does support 1080, but my tv does not support 1080 through vga. Best it can do is 720p. Pat, what system are you running on your htpc?

Oh, one other thing... Do graphics cards support audio through hdmi? Any way of rendering that so i dont have to have a separate set of cables going to my receiver?

Yes it does do audio out. I'm running a Dell Optiplex 755 small form factor, it's a Core 2 Duo machine with 4 gigs of ram. We were tossing a bunch of them at work, I grabbed a few for my family to use. It was having a bit of trouble with 1080p until I enabled hardware acceleration. Works great now! We're running Windows 7 with XBMC.

Yes it does do audio out. I'm running a Dell Optiplex 755 small form factor, it's a Core 2 Duo machine with 4 gigs of ram. We were tossing a bunch of them at work, I grabbed a few for my family to use. It was having a bit of trouble with 1080p until I enabled hardware acceleration. Works great now! We're running Windows 7 with XBMC.

Nice. I was using an old pentium D 3.4 with 4 gigs of ram on windows 7. I picked up a radeon hd 5450 last night from dude on craigslist still in the plastic wrap for 20 bucks. Got home, went to install it but the motherboard i have only supports ADD2 cards. (wtf).

Scavenged the boneyard at work and found a gutted HP DC5700 SFF with a board and core 2 duo e7200 in it. supports pci-e x16 so ill be putting that in my box at home. Thanks for the head sup on hardware acceleration. I'm running win 7 32 bit and it has always worked fine. Set it to boot right up into XBMC and its pretty seemless.