Import Face Off--Save the date--Sunday April 27, 2014

Doc1647545523

Central Ohio gets two IFO's this year:

April 27 at National Trail

Sept 28 at National Trail

Coupons to save $3 off general admission will soon be placed in car-related businesses in central Ohio such as IPS, Wheel Medic, Pickups Plus in Powell, and Slow Motion Motorsports in Sunbury. Besides getting a discount on your admission, every coupon redeemed gives me a $3 kickback which I will donate to CR. I also have a stack of them at the Hangout and will bring them with me to CR dinners and Cars & Coffee. You're welcome to as many of them as you think you and your friends will use.

April 27st, 2014 - Hebron, OH - National Trail Raceway

DATE AND TIMES:

4/27/14 from 11am to 6pm. Car show registration from 9am to 12pm, judging begins at 11, awards ceremony around 5:30. Race registration starts at 8am, heads up qualifying at 10:00 and 11:00. Eliminations around 1.

EVENT ACTIVITIES:

Car/truck/bike show, 1/4 mile drag racing, Autocross, Usaci double points stereo crank it up contest, burnout contest (time permitting), vendors, pit midway, and live DJ.

PRICES:

All spectator tickets and competitor registration forms can be bought on the day of the show at the front gate.

Spectator $20 ($17 with flier at gate) Coupon only good for spectator admission.

Children 10 and under FREE

Car Show Entry $30 (does not include free passenger pass). *Note, IFO only charges $30 per car show entry, not $50 to $60 like other events that claim to give a "free" passenger pass.

Test and Tune Drag Racer $30 (open to any make/model)

Competition Drag Racer $30 (imports and sport compacts only)

Burnout Contest FREE

Stereo Crank It Up Info: 479-365-8722 or http://www.SoundOff.org

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/1622185_669580153104155_1506916039_n_zps6eaf1278.jpg

• 1 month later...

Been a while since anyone has posted about this...who all is thinking of going? I'll be taking the day off and bringing at least 1 car out. Also Doc do you happen to have more flyers for the event I can stock on my counter?

How late do these shin digs usually tend to last for those who have been to them in the past?

Things usually shut down around 6 or 7 p.m.

I'll dropoff my remaining stack of the flyers/discount coupons tomorrow. Do you want them at the store on US 23?

Also, folks can download and print this flyer to bring with them to the gate. It will get them $3 off admission and CR gets $3 for every flyer redeemed:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/1622185_669580153104155_1506916039_n_zps10848dad.jpg

If you download the flyer from another location, you need to black-out the numbers 1-2-7 in the lower right corner in order for CR to receive the kickback.

Edited by Doc

We will be there again (OVR SCCA) with our 'mini' autocross set-up. I will have the new build out there breaking her in a little bit.

Depending on how busy we get, I will try and make some rounds and say 'hi'

Feel free to stop by and say hello too!

We will be there again (OVR SCCA) with our 'mini' autocross set-up. I will have the new build out there breaking her in a little bit.

Depending on how busy we get, I will try and make some rounds and say 'hi'

Feel free to stop by and say hello too!

So how is this autocross supposed to work? I thought I had heard last year it was ride alongs, and if I can't drive I'm not even going to consider going.

So how is this autocross supposed to work? I thought I had heard last year it was ride alongs, and if I can't drive I'm not even going to consider going.

No No No NO.

The ride -alongs are for the dummies who don't even want to drive.

You buy tickets (not sure on cost yet) and you can do as many runs as you want to spend money on.....

I think it was like $15-20 for like 3 runs last year but the track layout was terrible. I want to say they were running like 30 second laps... hard right,hard left, a tightening 360 loop to a hard right and then like a 2-3 cone slalom if I remember correctly

I think it was like $15-20 for like 3 runs last year but the track layout was terrible. I want to say they were running like 30 second laps... hard right,hard left, a tightening 360 loop to a hard right and then like a 2-3 cone slalom if I remember correctly

Trying to make the best of the space that we have.....we typically have the entire parking lot to run on, but obviously can't do that.....

Hate much?

And it was 17 seconds...:masturboy:

For those who have done drags at this event what is the typical wait time in the staging lanes between runs? Battling which car(s) to bring and last time I was at trails was early in the season and I had about a 2 hour wait :(

If you're just test and tuning prepare to stand around a while. They worry about the cars in classes before they do those test and tuning honestly. You'll probably have another 2hrs between runs again this year if I had to guess. Who knows maybe the classes are small tomorrow and you get lots of runs in haha.

It looks like it'll be a pretty decent day at National Trail for this event tomorrow. If you attend, please stop by and say Hi. I'll have five of my cars (plus BIGGU's Toyota Soarer) in a display there.

Bring your flyer to get a discount at the gate. If you didn't get a flyer, print this one and bring it with you: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1771922&postcount=5

Hope to see you there! :)