Malvern MX 4/23/09

sandsjbyz22

Yeah the track is great. The new owners are really cool and are quad guys so Im a fan. They are running the motos now where the quads are all first one week or last the next week, so no one can complain about ruts. They started putting jumps back in finally.

I will try and get some pics tomorrow night.

Killing the track???...Please. The AMA D12 decided to drop quads from there schedule. You should check out the D12 schedule this year...Oh wait there isnt one because there was no more rider turn out.

Any track owner who takes 15 minutes to do a little track maintenance doesn't have a problem with quads on their track.

I never understood why a dirtbike rider has such a hard time riding the same motocross track as a quad? No one has ever really given me an answer on that other than there mangina is bleeding.:violin:

Killing the track???...Please. The AMA D12 decided to drop quads from there schedule. You should check out the D12 schedule this year...Oh wait there isnt one because there was no more rider turn out.

Any track owner who takes 15 minutes to do a little track maintenance doesn't have a problem with quads on their track.

I never understood why a dirtbike rider has such a hard time riding the same motocross track as a quad? No one has ever really given me an answer on that other than there mangina is bleeding.:violin:

for one is that they tear it up.. 2nd it makes it that much more longer of a day

But I paid the same money as you did to ride motocross...not dirt bike cross.

But I will whole heartly agree with you on splitting the days up, and have had this conversation repeatedly with some CRA track owners, but it is not profitable from a dirt bike only or quad only day in Ohio. Amherst Meadowlarks tried it and it failed.

I am currently working with a few track owners like amherst, malvern, and briarcliff to have a series like the PAMX where there is a full dirtbike series and full quad series.

Quads create a much wider rut and generaly when coming out of corners will be sliding sideways, therefore making the ruts impossible for a bike to follow. Not only did I race pro for many years, including malvern in my amature days, but I own 2 tracks and the maintaince isn't worth the time and effort for 2 quad classes when there are 28 bike classes..I'm not against quads, jus not a fan of them on the same days as ama races..district 12 was always a joke anyhow so any rider there complaining was just whining bc they couldn't make the nationals from dist 11

thats right i thought it was malvern..my mistake, so they screwd spring valley up ehh? what no mainteance to the track or what?

Actually yeah they just stopped working on the track for any practices or races. I don't think the shitters had been cleaned in almost two years. I believe they went thru a divorce so that didn't help matters much...

Honestly I'm not to familiar with D11. But the CRA tracks are getting close to 12 motos of quads now. That's alot of money to turn away for some whining, AND if you do like malvern is now, all quad motos first one race and last the next race.

Willy Browning, Jeff Gibson, Zach Ames, and Mark Burkhart all love BriarCliff, and some quad loving guy owns that place...

Actually yeah they just stopped working on the track for any practices or races. I don't think the shitters had been cleaned in almost two years. I believe they went thru a divorce so that didn't help matters much...

Honestly I'm not to familiar with D11. But the CRA tracks are getting close to 12 motos of quads now. That's alot of money to turn away for some whining, AND if you do like malvern is now, all quad motos first one race and last the next race.

Willy Browning, Jeff Gibson, Zach Ames, and Mark Burkhart all love BriarCliff, and some quad loving guy owns that place...

Burkhart and gibson are the exception fron d12.it does sound like a lot has changed up there in the last 6 years though to have that many quad classes..changing times changing tracks..as for d11 we are the fastest district in the nation with southern cali a close 2nd..which is why there really weren't too many quad classes at our races..d12 prob jus has more interested up there..like I said I'm not anti quads, jus justifing bike riders reasoning to not wanting to ride same track w them..

I am for seperate days. Quicker days, no complaining from quads or dirtbikes, but unfortunatly most of the tracks don't want to do it. It is working out great in PA though with the PAMX series...

Edited by sandsjbyz22
One to many thoughs...

Quads create a much wider rut and generaly when coming out of corners will be sliding sideways, therefore making the ruts impossible for a bike to follow. Not only did I race pro for many years, including malvern in my amature days, but I own 2 tracks and the maintaince isn't worth the time and effort for 2 quad classes when there are 28 bike classes..I'm not against quads, jus not a fan of them on the same days as ama races..district 12 was always a joke anyhow so any rider there complaining was just whining bc they couldn't make the nationals from dist 11

true