Any members do IDPA?

unfunnyryan

Who can answer this question?

Get online and find a match at a range. They typically want you to have your ccw, but it's not a must. You need about 100rds, at least three mags and a holster that you carry with. Most of the scenarios are real life type things. For instance, gun holstered, you run to cover, draw, tap tap.....run, tap tap tap...cover, etc. The cost is roughly $15 and it lasts about 3hrs depending on the amount of people that show.

I have some vids of me doing it on youtube somewhere I will hunt for.

Edit: I use my IWB holster and I bought a fobus two mag OWB holder for easy reload on the run. You're reloading and leaving empty mag on ground until your run is over. Then gather your stuff after scoring.

Guest GMoney
I have been wanting to start shooting 3 gun, IDPA, and steel challenges. I know the handgun is totally preference but is a Glock 34 still the most popular choice that I can shoot all three competitions?

USPSA, IDPA, 2 Gun and 3 Gun here for a few years now. Easy to get started in all of them. USPSA/IPDA go to a match and pay. USPSA is where most people go because the rules arent as strict and the RO's are better to work with while being just as safe.

3 Gun you need to go to a bigger match (Indy, Miami rifle and pistol) and pay to play. First year of both IPDA and USPSA I shot in unclassified to get a feel.

Two years ago I was going to matches every weekend (either saturday or sunday) but had to travel a bit just to get ready to class.

Im going to be listing my G35 Limited Class gun here within a week along with safariland holster, CR Speed mag pouches and belt if anyone is interested. Won a bunch of matches with that set up.

By the way some of the best shooters in the nation reside in or close to Ohio. Ive shot with Bob Vogel for a few years now and is by the far the best teacher anyone could ask for. Best part is he is a hour northwest of Columbus.