What should I get for the G8 with a $200 Jegs gift cert.?

cstmg8

I have a $200 cert to Jegs, but I'm kind of drawing a blank. I thought about front rotors, but I can get front/rear on eBay for same price.

Car already has intake/headers/exhaust/tune.

Would the 25% under drive pulley be worth it? No experience with them.

True, that's a good idea. I'm about due for an oil change and trans fluid change. You know how it is, always want go fast parts. I'll prob end up going this route, as long as the price match applies.

Any explanation on why the under drive pulley is not a good option?

True, that's a good idea. I'm about due for an oil change and trans fluid change. You know how it is, always want go fast parts. I'll prob end up going this route, as long as the price match applies.

People always complain of enhanced bearing wear due to the lack of harmonic dampening (assuming you are looking at one w/o a dampener)

In addition to what was already mentioned...

1) It's a waste of money - little performance gains

2) It can mess with your alternator (not charging enough) and/or cooling system (waterpump not pumping enough).

Lightweight pulleys = good

Underdrive pulleys = bad

I'd go with a suspension component since there are already mods for the engine. Anti-sway bars would make the car react quicker and handle better around a corner.

I'll have to see if they offer anything, they don't carry many g8 specific parts. I did put struts and springs on it last year. Sway bars would be nice.

I'll have to see if they offer anything, they don't carry many g8 specific parts. I did put struts and springs on it last year. Sway bars would be nice.

Find out about the brands that make the bars for your car first, then, see which ones that Jeg's carries. If the specific part number isn't listed, inquire to a salesperson. Usually it's just a matter of getting them in.

Have you thought about throwing a little money on top of the gift card and getting a cam or something?

I have, and haven't written it off. Unfortunately there is a lot more to do with a cam swap in these cars. I may pick up some parts and throw 'em on a shelf, but saving some money on needed maintenance is probably the better idea.