Windshield wiper problem

blue98ls1

Over the weekend when it was pouring down rain, my windshield wipers stopped in the up position while driving down the road in the Mercedes C230. We pulled off at a gas station and I swapped the 1-2 slow speed relay with the On/Off relay and got them working again so I could drive it home. When turning off the car or turning off the wipers they stay up on the windshield, they don't go back to where they should. I ordered a new relay and replaced it, but they still won't go back into the "home" position. I tried swapping the 2 relays making sure that both where not bad, and they are both in working condition.

Before I go and drop a bunch of money on a new windshield wiper motor and try to figure out how to replace it, is there something I am missing? Does it need "reset" somehow?

Stop breaking cars.

:gabe:

(Glad u got it fixed that would be fuggen annoying)

Hey, I was not driving when this one broke! I only break unbreakable rear ends in cars. :dumb: Already got the 12 bolt rebuilt though, just need to sort out a couple other issues before I drive the firebird much.

Not sure yet. Need to do something about the aftermarket torque arm, it makes a hell of a lot of noise when shifting hard. Pinion angle needs set. And something else is making a whirling airplane taking off noise. Because race car.