Mitsubishi Kills Off Lancer Evolution

RC K9

I can't say i'm surprised but, its not a good sign for the legacy of the Evo and the health of the company. They no longer have a halo/aspirational vehicle. I don't see what is coming from they any longer that is worth talking about.

I think it was 2 years ago they said they firmly will not be pulling out of the US car market but were going to focus more on what we buy, eco-boxes. The Evo also seemed to be getting a little wild on the price. A few of the guys worked at the Mitsu dealer up on 23 and they had a Black one in the show room last year and wanted something crazy like $48k for it. (assuming wiggle room but still)

I saw a new Mirage the other day and completely shocked. I had forgotten they still even made that car. I was the first one i had see that wasn't 10yrs old. I know cars like the Evo, STi, Corvette do not make or break a car company given their limited audience, and narrower profit margin, but they do help people take notice of your brand and aspire to. Pinning on your hopes on the i-miev and outlander when they are going up against the well established hybrid, EV & crossover makes doesn't seem like a winning formula.

It's too bad. Mitsubishi made some great cars and engines in the past, mostly in the 90s, but have gone soft lately. Without the Evo, they are just another wet noodle car company.

How the hell is the Evo dying but the boring ass STI keeps thump-thump-thump-thumping along?

I saw a new Mirage the other day and completely shocked. I had forgotten they still even made that car. I was the first one i had see that wasn't 10yrs old. I know cars like the Evo, STi, Corvette do not make or break a car company given their limited audience, and narrower profit margin, but they do help people take notice of your brand and aspire to. Pinning on your hopes on the i-miev and outlander when they are going up against the well established hybrid, EV & crossover makes doesn't seem like a winning formula.

I would take a Smart car over the new Mirage. That thing is pathetic.

Mitsu as mentioned is a massive organization, they're not going anywhere but it is a shame as they never seemed able to recover from what Chrysler did to them in the last few years they were involved.

Makes me want to go grab one now if I could.

I was beginning to wonder with all of these cars coming out with turbos and with awd if the Evo and the STI are nearly as special as they used to be.

I may be a little out of the loop as I don't really follow new cars, but what other turbo awd tuner cars are there? All the other turbo cars I know of are fwd or rwd. Genesis coupe rwd, dodge caliber fwd, etc. I didn't know there were any other AWD's.

Serious inquiry, not trying to be a smart@ss or anything.

I may be a little out of the loop as I don't really follow new cars, but what other turbo awd tuner cars are there? All the other turbo cars I know of are fwd or rwd. Genesis coupe rwd, dodge caliber fwd, etc. I didn't know there were any other AWD's.

Serious inquiry, not trying to be a smart@ss or anything.

Wrx/STI, then you get into luxury cars from there