Drag Radial Records

wagner

At the battle of the states shit got real.

This weekend at Holly Springs there is a chance you will see even these records broken.

Just can't wrap my mind around going that quick, fast, and doing it at 3200lbs on a 315 drag radial...

That's nuts. that's quick as can be and its on a drag radial. makes you wonder what they could do giving it a little more off the hit on a true slick.

I don't think with the stock suspension they will see much gain on a slick. The track also plays a role as well. These records are being set at places there on radial tire prep, a slick tire car will shake the tires like a polaroid picture.

What exactly is tireShake, and how do they prep differently for radials vs a slick?

From what I understand the tire really sticks and can't get the wheel speed going. Here is a great article from the owner at RJ Race Cars about it in Pro Mod racing.

http://www.rjracecars.com/pdfs/50_rick_jones_column.pdf

A slick tire track really likes it to be a bit more "greasy" than a radial tire track. Slick tire cars like it with a little less stick so they can keep the tire from getting all wadded up.

At the Shakedown they run all the radial tire cars first and keep prep up for them. As the round goes on and the slick tire cars come out they let it go just a little bit for them.