DirecTV Installers

Gergwheel1647545492

For $280 they will do it.

They pulled that shit on me when I moved back in December. I told them to fuck themselves and asked for a quote on the buyout.

All in all, I paid $40 to have it moved. Fight it, they'll lower the price. My installer was out there for 4 hours, not worth it to me for a $40 price tag.

They pulled that shit on me when I moved back in December. I told them to fuck themselves and asked for a quote on the buyout.

All in all, I paid $40 to have it moved. Fight it, they'll lower the price. My installer was out there for 4 hours, not worth it to me for a $40 price tag.

Yea i might call them back.

So i am in a 2 yr contract with them, so if i cancel i have to pay $20 for every month i have left ($360), or they originally quoted me $280 to have the installers back out. Looks like i will be on the phone with them today about this. if all else fails i will try it myself.

Not positive but when we had Dish in Dayton we had something similar, they wanted a $300 install fee ad my dad tried doing it himself, Long story short we ende up having tem come to install it. Something about getting it Lined up right with the satellite idk.

This was like 2006 iirc, things very well could have changed.

Not positive but when we had Dish in Dayton we had something similar, they wanted a $300 install fee ad my dad tried doing it himself, Long story short we ende up having tem come to install it. Something about getting it Lined up right with the satellite idk.

This was like 2006 iirc, things very well could have changed.

Yea that is the part that I can't find much info online about and why this thread exists ;)

I did find some information from 2007-2008 but that is all out dated and I'm not sure it still applys

Its easy, i have done a ton of them and never had training. I can talk you thru it, but I have a birdog ultra that takes some if the guesswork out of it, but you dont need it. All the signal meters are in your reciever and do the job. I installed them on all my barns and just move the receiver there when I needed. Once yiur recieve is active, it does not care where it lives. Meaning you can have several recivers at $5.00 per month used at different locations.

Lol for $280 I'll do it.

Its pretty easy, like mentioned the meters are in the setup menu. It is a little tricky getting close enough to pick up the Sat signals at first, but once you get them its just a matter of fine adjustment until your near perfect. The elliptical dish makes it a little tricker due to getting the rotation right, but still not bad.

If you DIY best tip I got is make sure to make the mount perfectly level. It will make the Sats much easier to find.

Glad you got a better deal. It is really easy to setup the dish. I used to do it at the track (motorhome for the weekend). I did it enough I could get it close by memory and fine tune from there. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes for a good installer to doit. Hardest part is tying into the existing home wiring.