Wheel Damage caused by pot hole

initzero

I hit a very large pot hole heading north on Cleveland Ave from the 270 exit ramp. Can onyone recommend a place to get this fixed? or can it be fixed?

Thanks

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=889&pictureid=7639

Edited by initzero

Oh yuck, sorry to see that. At least you still have the run flats on. I just said I wasn't driving my vette until they get more potholes fixed.

Wheel medic is one local option http://www.theroundhouse.ws/ I have not used them and I'm not endorsing them one way or the other, just putting them out there.

I've been down this road with the city. Only way you can get reimbursement is if the pothole has been specifically reported to them as a problem and they were given "sufficient" time to repair the pothole.

IF you can prove both of those have happened you might get them to take care of it but I honestly spent soo much time going down that road once that in the end I wish I would have just fixed it and moved on. In my case the wheel couldn't be repaired and had to be replaced so I was out a little more $$$

Wheel Medic used to be the go-to for this sort of thing. I've heard more and more negatives on them lately including my own personal experience however I couldn't tell you who else to go to for the repair.

If it was an interstate ramp, it will prob be ODOT you will deal with (if you choose). A friend got some money for a tire a few years ago. He had to let them know where the pothole was and if it wasn't fixed within a few days he got reimbursed for "some" of the tire replacement. May be worth it, or may just be a pain.

I hate to see a thread like this. I would like to see a follow up to how things go if you report it, and if they do or don't work with you.

Pot holes seem nuts this year. I'm still running my winter tires, for more sidewall. And the FD isn't coming out until they unfuck the pot holes.

Good luck

Edited by Mojoe

I hate to see a thread like this. I would like to see a follow up to how things go if you report it, and if they do or don't work with you.

Pot holes seem nuts this year. I'm still running my winter tires, for more sidewall. And the FD isn't coming out until they unfuck the pot holes.

Good luck

+1...at this rate it's going to be mid may before the snows come off of my cars this year.

Update:

I dropped off the wheel at Wheel medic and was told the whell was not repairable because of a crack on the inside of the rim. They recommend that I replaced the wheel rather then repair it. I was quoted $275 and it will be ready on Weds(two days later). I also received a phone call from The City of Columbus 311 asking the location of the pot hole and they are going to send me a clain packet so they can reimburse me for the damage. Let's see what happens. I will keep everyone posted.

Take a large rubber or protected hammer and hit it. Not joking. Did this to a GTI wheel that looked just like that and it put it back almost good as new.

Even if it looked "good as new", you can not trust the integrity of the wheel. Let it go and be done with it.