Parking ticket down town

Mojoe

Maybe I'm new to this whole parking thing. First, I'm not a big fan of going downtown. But, we went for a friend's lunch, so it's fine. I always over pay my meter. I had 126 minutes on the meter. While at lunch, I remind my friend's to feed their meter if needed. They went out and did so. After luch I get to my car and have a ticket, and plenty of time on the meter. WTF?

NO FRONT PLATE ticket from a meter main! Are you shitting me? FU, you got me. Just supports not going down there. I'm due a ticket anyways, I'll never run a front plate. Just would rather they say for $45 a year you don't have to. I had no idea they could get you for anything other than the meter. So, if you didn't know, now you know.

Now fill these damn pot holes Columbus.

Maybe I'm new to this whole parking thing. First, I'm not a big fan of going downtown. But, we went for a friend's lunch, so it's fine. I always over pay my meter. I had 126 minutes on the meter. While at lunch, I remind my friend's to feed their meter if needed. They went out and did so. After luch I get to my car and have a ticket, and plenty of time on the meter. WTF?

NO FRONT PLATE ticket from a meter main! Are you shitting me? FU, you got me. Just supports not going down there. I'm due a ticket anyways, I'll never run a front plate. Just would rather they say for $45 a year you don't have to. I had no idea they could get you for anything other than the meter. So, if you didn't know, now you know.

Now fill these damn pot holes Columbus.

Meter Maids have been able to do this for years. I got a ticket by one at least 5yrs or so ago for not having one displayed on my trailblazer. The funny thing was, there was a cop in a cruiser right beside my car when I got back to it. I inquired about it with him, and he looked at my rear plate, saw current registration, saw front plate displayed in windshield, and said he wasn't sure why the MM ticketed me. He saw no issue with my vehicle, and he went on his way. Ha ha. Ohh well. Lesson learned.

Yea meter maids are just about the only people who ticket for front plate.

Edit: for what it's worth my roommates at OSU used to put the front plate back on, and send a picture in and from what they say that got them out of paying it a few times... if that's true or not idk...

A quick search, I didn't see one. I feel I'm on here quit a bit, but have never seen a front plate thread. I posted this thinking others may not know either. So, I hope this helps someone. The whole front plate sucks, is a dead horse. And $45 is a lot better that $119 the CPD would give you for getting pulled over.

It is what it is.

I've gotten one before. I fought it and won. I told them my bumper was damaged and the front plate fell off. The bought it!

The beauty of a $45 ticket, for them, is many people won't fight it. Myself included. I'm not taking the time to go back downtown. I have no front plate displayed. You got me. I'm just pretty suprised at the whole meter maid being the one to hand them out. Now I know.

Edited by Mojoe

Can't CPD pull you over though if the only violation is missing FLP? That would mean it has to be a moving violation wouldn't it? I'm not saying I wish it was or anything, it's just that I have been out oh OH for a few years now.

I got one down by campus once while my ex girlfriend was getting her nose pierced. It pissed me the fuck off.

I put the license plate on and then sent in a picture and they sent me a picture back of the car without one on, ha. I got caught.

Paid the $45 and called it a day.

Another reason to valet.

Front plate ticket, $45

Your car crashed into group of pedestrians by 16 year old valet, priceless.

It could be the biggest piece of shit ever and I won't valet it. The last time I valeted a car, against my better judgment, they lost my keys.

I did some photography downtown and my wife got a ticket on her Jeep.. It said expired time.. Still had 23 minutes left.. I caught the lady a couple cars down and asked her why we got a ticket for expired time when there was still time left. She said it was an accident, she meant to give us a no front plate ticket. She wasnt able to issue a new ticket so she just deleted the expired time ticket.

She also said if we put it in the windshield it would be fine. (For her, not for others probably)

I NEVER ran a front plate on my SRT.. Im so glad I have a truck that a front plate doesnt bother me.

Front plate ticket, $45

Your car crashed into group of pedestrians by 16 year old valet, priceless.

It could be the biggest piece of shit ever and I won't valet it. The last time I valeted a car, against my better judgment, they lost my keys.

Valid counterpoint, I guess. Though, I'm a little unsettled with you wishing my vehicle to be crashed into other people.

http://i.imgur.com/sXeuVYd.gif

Fair enough.

For the record, I've been a fairly outspoken advocate for no front plates and have said on more than one occasion that I consider the tickets I've received for them to be a luxury tax. Granted, valeting comes with its own set of risks, but at least you won't get your car towed or a parking ticket for no front plate.

Also, if you're persuasive enough, then the valet people will just let you park your own car in their lot or whatever and allow you to keep your keys. Thus, you don't have to worry about the 16 year old going kamikaze on the crowd in front of Hyde Park.