sawmill ????

JaronsToy

The White CTS-V post is LOL. That page is full of dick measuring.

Found it funny that because of that thread a general statement was made that "all CTS-V drivers are pricks". Thanks Sawmill!

I've been thinking about this thread...yes, the kart fire was a line in the sand. Has there been any comments about it on the "Sawmill Hangout" FB page? I'd be shocked if they didn't shut the place down after that.

I know that there are some crappy kids there, but there are also some great cars and I don't walk out of there without meeting at least one good car/owner. I'll still try to make it out, unless someone suggests a better Fri/Sat hangout during warmer months.

Funny thing was that Jones and I were specifically talking about how nice a good campfire is to hang around...just before the kart got TOASTYYYYY...:lol:

I agree.

Apparently I'm an old man now, my weekends are usually spent hanging out with the family or at auto-x (when there is one). It's nice to have something entertaining to do for a few hours at night. Sawmill feels no different then the Thrift Store, or Steak & Shake IMO. It's a step up from Central Pointe and only a few minutes from home. Nothing beats the Ole' Charter days...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something better, meet up at QSL on Friday Nights for their little get together?

Its pretty much impossible to set anything up that people will go to. Let me give you the bitching response posts that will be made based on past tries at this:

10. I don't want to stand around in a parking lot.

9. I can't be out that late, I have kids!

8. That is to early to end, I have kids that I need to wait on to go to bed!

7. I don't like the food there

6. There won't be enough ricers there to laugh at

5. That is on the wrong side of town for me

4. There is no food close by

3. I don't want to drive that far for a a car meet.

2. There is no beer there

1. I don't want to actually have to see people from CR that I have talked shit to.

There is something better, meet up at QSL on Friday Nights for their little get together?

Its pretty much impossible to set anything up that people will go to. Let me give you the bitching response posts that will be made based on past tries at this:

10. I don't want to stand around in a parking lot.

9. I can't be out that late, I have kids!

8. That is to early to end, I have kids that I need to wait on to go to bed!

7. I don't like the food there

6. There won't be enough ricers there to laugh at

5. That is on the wrong side of town for me

4. There is no food close by

3. I don't want to drive that far for a a car meet.

2. There is no beer there

1. I don't want to actually have to see people from CR that I have talked shit to.

I was going to add that there aren't any flaming go karts, but realized that Magic Mountain is only a stones throw away.

i need to show up to one of these before they get shut down..there still hot young love-bunnies in attendance? or is it a big sausage fest? Dont want to show up dressed like a gay for nothing...

Sausage fest.

The girls that do show up aren't worth looking at.

Wagner nailed it. People will bitch, regardless.

It's easy to have a private meet. It's called texting a few friends to meet up and then going there. Anything larger than that and you have to deal with the idiots. This has happened time and time again (see Thrift Store, Hooters, Kroger, etc.) and it will happen again. I feel like the Architect talking to Neo.

There's a fine balance with the idiots and extras that populate a meet. You need enough so it's not just six dudes from the Chatbox talking about Mitch and his Vette and Steve's kid nicknamed Smalls. However, too many and things quickly turn into a guy in a beat up 03 Cobra running compressed air, CPD helicopters doing fly byes, and flaming buggies. Alas, it is a balance that can likely never be achieved.

That's because you have boundry issues and scare small children.

This makes me laugh.

You should come out more often. <3

I should, but between kids, distance, lack of decent food, and the inherent lack of sleep I'd get it makes it difficult.