Gutters / Gutter Guards

craig71188

OK, after 50+ years the steel gutters original to the house have had it. Time for new seamless gutters and some sort of gutter guard system.

Whose had it done / recommend a good installer, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks!

Do not let them install the gutter brushes, they just clog up and are a pain to clean out. I would go with a standard mesh gutter guard, as long as you don't have large pines near the house they'll be your best bet.

No recommendations for installers, but if you can't find one, call Alside in Worthington, a lot of them buy materials there and they can prob point you in the right direction.

If just the corners are leaking, could I effectively clean dirt, dry the areas where the corner is joined/riveted, and use caulk smoothed out with my finger to seal it up for a few more years?

Old seamless gutters here...seems like a waste to replace the whole length just because the corner fails!

If just the corners are leaking, could I effectively clean dirt, dry the areas where the corner is joined/riveted, and use caulk smoothed out with my finger to seal it up for a few more years?

Old seamless gutters here...seems like a waste to replace the whole length just because the corner fails!

These are old steel gutters. They have been repainted numerous times and look like crap - and now they are actually starting to rust through pinholes in various places.....

it's just time.

Absolutely. Just dig out the old caulk, clean the area really really well, and apply new sealant. My 20 yr old seamless had a few corner leaks and they have been good for several years. The sealant/caulk I used was made by Geocel.

Absolutely. Just dig out the old caulk, clean the area really really well, and apply new sealant. My 20 yr old seamless had a few corner leaks and they have been good for several years. The sealant/caulk I used was made by Geocel.

Awesome info...thank you!

I'll look into Geocel...will get this done in the summer when the weather dries out a bit!