howdy

ol doc gully

BUT seats are what im really needing right now, i know what i want eventually but dont have the cash right now. i can get these for cheap (no rails)... and i think im going to do it because even when i switch i can put these in the OBS rallyx car. but that depends on what its going to take to get some rails that will work for each, also i need to figure out a way to recover them cheaply, i hate the blue... anybody know if i can just dye the material? maybe a camo seat cover.. :lol: seriously though

i have some extra interior vinyl and would like to make some custom old school lookin seat covers but not sure its worth it for these seats.. also girlfriend isnt here with her sewing machine skills at the moment

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/misplacedape/corbeau_forza_blue_zpsf12aff33.jpg

Edit: Nevermind. I see he's came in and already answered you.

QUOTE=Farkas;1780758]interested in letting go of the Webers?

"ended up ditching the webers... they just werent going to be right, especially being 45s, for what the car was aimed at. was going to need to rejet, and would have choked down which would have just required more investment and time than was worth putting into something that was gonig to be ALL top end.

i traded them for some race prepped SU carbs in very good order, rebuilt by a long time 240z master around here Bob Smith"

on that note...

the dirty little beast finally came to life, and no joke, just after midnight under a full moon on friday the 13th

turned on the stereo for the first time since its even been in this state - radio was tuned right to station playing ozzy - crazy train

was planning HJC AR10-II (actually anybody know anyone around here who carries them?) but seriously based on this i need to find a race helmet that looks like

http://sportsrants.com/nfl/files/2014/02/friday-the-13th.jpg

If you look at redline goods, they have installers in the U.S. now so you may not have to send it to Sweden. Might not matter if they need it for the design though. Either way, good quality work.

what made you choose redline? seems like wrapping a 36 year old aftermarket wheel might be outside of what theyd consider designing for a high volume wheel though...

sending it off is no problem, thats why i ask now, its not even in the car yet, but i was expecting to be able to just take it to an upholstery shop...

Welcome and great thread.

thank you!

I happened to come across a link for redline goods on another forum so I checked them out. Since then I have seen quite a few people post about the quality on other forums so I decided to give them a try, as it turns out the quality is good (even though it did take some time to send them the wheel and get everything back). Also, I stitched mine on myself, it's not terribly hard to do, just have to take your time (mine would have come out better if I had taken a little more time to do it).

• 2 weeks later...
what made you choose redline? seems like wrapping a 36 year old aftermarket wheel might be outside of what theyd consider designing for a high volume wheel though...

sending it off is no problem, thats why i ask now, its not even in the car yet, but i was expecting to be able to just take it to an upholstery shop...

thank you!

I had things on my 5.0 resto done by Redline. You send them the goods and they'll 1-off it for you, no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

^ how much did they charge (for just wheel)?

that is a great looking foxbody by the way

turned out mechanical advance on the dizzy was... not doing anything haha so i upgraded to a full electronic 280zx distributor. runs like a champ. oil pressure is a little low, replaced sender last night, havent checked it out though.

i had finally put the hood on; it had never fully latched before. so after fiddling with it for a few hours i got it reworked.. and then couldnt get it back open hahah. finally did yesterday, got a new release cable ($160!?!?!) on the way then we should be back on the road

also got in a temporary seat. think i am going to just put in the corbeaus once i can get some brackets welded up.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/misplacedape/newdizzylotpic_zps42d48465.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/misplacedape/intereiroKIRKEY_zps3de90bc8.jpg

thanks very much fellas! and glad i ran into you the other day josh!

got a battery so now it actually drives places and stuff! also got the hood and new bumper on, and took off some stuff to simplify the rear bumper.

also took it to get it aligned. i am a very positive, forgiving, second chance kind of person. i havent seen a policy against bashing places and i think this really needs to be said, and i apologize if anyone here works there, but FUCK BEE LINE ALIGNMENT. they are now 0 for 5 for getting a job done satisfactorily, as i said i am a VERY easy going easy to please person; so im not saying "oh i didnt like that he did this", i mean they fuck my shit UP or arent able to get the job done - and still charge out the ass. and every single time they are a pain in teh ass to deal with. i wouldnt have given them so many chances if they werent half a mile from my house and the only other option i know of here are dealerships. but thats it. fuck those rude presumptive incompetent assholes. i can give details but needless to say, im never going back.

/rant. ANYWAY, i have the rack and front toe all set but apparently the concept of adjusting camber with aftermarket plates is unfathomable. at least thats enough to get it driving and thoroughly enjoyable :D changed to heavier oil (20w50!) at teh recommendation of a local old school z car guy but oil pressure still reading way low. had also replaced the sender but think its messed up. also need to mess with the regulator spring. all things that can/will be done shortly, shouldnt be a big deal, mostly just a peace of mind thing, but still not completely comfortable driving it at 10/10 until thats worked out. also need to clean up threads for one spark plug hole.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/misplacedape/newbumper_gasstation_zps1d489033.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/misplacedape/newbumper_instacollage_zpsd904131e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...