Foot pegs?

Harb67

So I'm really in need of new foot pegs. The right one is broken in half and the left is fairly banged up too. Replacement OEM ones are 45$ a pop, plus another 6$/side if I want to replace those little "lean feeler" things (probably wouldn't waste the money though)...which is way too steep for my tastes. I can get a set of Competiton Werks pegs for 50$ + shipping, but I'm curious if maybe Iron Pony or someplace wouldn't have some for sale? How interchangable are foot pegs? If I could find someone with an old used right peg for a Kawi (or other brand) bike that they'd be willing to part with, I'd be willing to buy that and call it a day right there.

Any ideas? I'm mostly curious if I should just buy the 50$ set or try to go the second-hand route and save some cash. Thanks!

perfect reason to get rearsets :D

I'd be all over them if they didn't run 379$ for a set :p Plus they make 650r's look like ass...the OEM footpeg stays may be silly looking, but the frame area they hide is downright hideous.

I have rear sets now. Great investment in comfort and replacement parts.

When I had stock rear sets I tried 3 different types of pegs. Ebay round ones, Gp and stock. Didn't really like any of them. The ones that were best were GP pegs. Something like these but I didn't get them from 1Tail. http://www.1tail.com/sa/c/GP_Pegs.htm

1697.jpg