Annual 2014 Nate Fest! (3rd Annual Central Ohio Mazda Meet)

o0n8

3rd Annual Central Ohio Mazda Meet

DATE - June 22, 2014

TIME - Noonish? We have the shelter all day so if people want to show up early and walk the park or whatever.

LOCATION - Blendon Woods http://www.metroparks.net/ParksBlendonWoods.aspx Hickory Grove Shelter

Address - 4265 E. Dublin-Granville Road, Westerville, OH 43081

Park Map:

http://www.metroparks.net/UserUploads/UserImages/2014_Images/BLN_map-DEC-2013_680-px.png

The Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1416262711965828/

With no TUDOR Championship race at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course this year, the annual Columbus, OH meet is the unoffical/official Ohio MOCO event.

Decided to rent a shelter this year for us so it's at a different park. I won't have to wake up at 6 to go sit at a shelter all morning and fight off church groups. Plus all the construction on 270/23 might make things difficult.

Shelter Details: Hickory Grove

Capacity is 110 (60 inside and 50 outside). Shelter has electricity, one double-grill, drinking water, large wood burning fireplace, swings, sand volley ball court with net and ball, a disc golf putting practice game (Around 9) complete with discs, and restrooms.

We will be having a Mazda Owners' Corral Operations style raffle with Mazda goodies to win. The money from the raffle will go to Pelotonia. Pelotonia is a bike ride on August 9 to raise money for Cancer research at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center- Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute. For more information about Pelotonia please visit http://pelotonia.org/about/history/

Mazda is sending a Zoom-Zoom Box full of goodies for the raffle.

Flat Out Graphics - Mazda Banners

JNA Performance Parts- 2 $50.00 Gift Certificates!

CR3 Motorsports - T-Shirts

Corksport - T-Shirts, pair of Glasses (the drinking kind), lanyards

Sure/Street Unit - Swag Bags

Edge Auto Sport - T-Shirts, stickers (add 15 whp!) and a $100 Gift Certificate!

more to come!

If you wish to donate to the raffle please send me a pm

Bring a dish, some cash and hang out with some meeps!

Hope to see you there!

Nate

Edited by o0n8

Interesting. Definitely close to home for me. I'll have to see if I'm free.

What prompted you to start putting on a Mazda meet?

I started it because there wasn't one in Columbus that I was aware of and some Cincy and Clevleand guys talked about how it would be nice to have a meet in Columbus. Sort of a meet in the middle.

It's pretty cool to see what a random post on a Mazda forum over 3 years ago has turned into.

Also thought it would be a good way to raise some money for my Pelotonia ride. :)

Interested in having any of the new mazda models there?

Yeah that would be cool to have a new 6 and or 3 there for people to check out

How many people are you anticipating? I can get as many as 3 new cars to bring up.

pm replied to. Thank you for your efforts no matter the outcome.

I have 3 events that day. But, I will try and swing by with the FD.

Hope to see you there. Everyone would love to see your FD.

Updated the Raffle Participants

• 2 weeks later...

There's a bunch on Facebook under the Ohio Mazdas group and Ohio Mazdaspeed group. I don't have access at work so I can't post them up.

Congrats on your new ride!

It was a great turn out, raised $654 towards my Pelotonia ride. Hard to say how many cars and people came because of people coming and going. I'd guess about 65 cars and close to 90 people.

Blendon Park was a good location but just not enough parking. I would like to find something similar for next year but close to double the parking spots and the ability to have a food truck.