01 caravan problems.

Green Bastard

My FiL has an 01 Dodge Caravan sport with the 3.3L engine. The van cranks over and chugs a couple times then stops. The wiring harness for the injectors and map sensor was shot so I pulled a good one from the junk yard today. I also replaced the tps and my FiL said that he had the map sensor replaced (because there was a code for it) and new spark plugs put in. The odd part is that when I unplug the map sensor the van will start but only stay running when you stay on the gas. This was their only running vehicle so I'm trying to help him get it fixed but I just dont want to keep throwing parts at it. Is this a common problem? Anything I may have missed that I should check? Also fwiw one of the injectors had been re-wired as in someone tried to run a wire to bypass the harness rather than properly fixing it so I have to remove that wire and fix the factory wiring now, but it should only effect one injector (where they spliced into the wire further up the harness) and cause a misfire I would think, but I plan on fixing that problem in the next couple days and see where we are then. Any help would be greatly appreciated.