Service vehicle soon.

Protection

06 Grand Prix Gxp throws a service vehicle soon light at startup and occasionally during braking and change of direction. My bulbs are all new and are functioning properly. Any other suggestions? I just got my car out the tranny shop. Aatco in grove city... I didn't have the service light before. Any clues other than a bulb being blown?

Check your battery connections. Make sure they are clean of corrosion and tight. If you just had trans removed he more than likely had the battery disconnected. Sometimes that will cause SVS light. Otherwise it's sounds like a build going out or loose

• 4 weeks later...

2006 pontiac Grand Prix Gxp.

I recently had my transmission rebuilt. Only light I had was a CEL. I get the car back now it says "SERVICE VEHICLE SOON" at startup.

Since then I've replaced and checked ALL my bulbs and both battery terminals. My oil life monitor states 89%. Only other note is I have no abs or TCS lights but they did install a transmission cooler.

Brake fluid levels good? My Civic would toss a somewhat random combination of ABS, Brake, and CEL lights at me when one of the bleed valves started leaking and the level got just low enough while braking/turning for air to hit the sensor.