Indoor HD antennas

Ramsey

I have an RCA that I bought at Bestbuy. It works alright. Does need some adjustment between a few channels. Is also affected by bad weather.

The bad weather might have been effecting mine yesterday then.

I bought a $25 powered antenna from wal mart, RCA brand? It works poorly, you have to mess with it for many channels, and during bad weather forget about it. Oddly down the road on a different TV it gets everything perfectly all the time. WEIRD

The cheaper ones arent really going to give you any better quality over the more expensive ones. At best, you may get additional channels. Digital TV works in this manner: Either you get the channel, or you dont. If youre somewhere in between the image will completely cut in and out.

That being said, i have a cheapo set of rabbit ears ($10 maybe) in the bedroom and we get almost 20 channels. Our cable tv subscription only gives us like 25 and half of those are free channels anyways. Of the free channels you get over the air (4, 6, 10, 28, etc...) most will look better on your rabbit ears than through a cable box. Cable providers take that same signal you get with your antenna then compress it before sending it down the pipe. That compressed image is of lesser quality then uncompressed signal you pick up with your antenna. Major broadcast companies are suing cable companies for doing this. There is the potential most free channels will become subscription channels if things don't work out right.

As soon as our contract is up we are cutting the cord and going rabbit ears/XBMC only.

The cheaper ones arent really going to give you any better quality over the more expensive ones. At best, you may get additional channels. Digital TV works in this manner: Either you get the channel, or you dont. If youre somewhere in between the image will completely cut in and out.

That being said, i have a cheapo set of rabbit ears ($10 maybe) in the bedroom and we get almost 20 channels. Our cable tv subscription only gives us like 25 and half of those are free channels anyways. Of the free channels you get over the air (4, 6, 10, 28, etc...) most will look better on your rabbit ears than through a cable box. Cable providers take that same signal you get with your antenna then compress it before sending it down the pipe. That compressed image is of lesser quality then uncompressed signal you pick up with your antenna.

As soon as our contract is up we are cutting the cord and going rabbit ears/XBMC only.

I cut cable a month ago and love it. But when watching the Finals game last night it would like skip or go digital for a split second. Came in 720p/1080 and was awesome, but whe the picture skipped so did the sound and it was kind of annoying.