Boost is imminent.

Draco-REX

48 weeks of waiting. Two weeks of a couple hours here and there. And one marathon session today. Finally, it's together!

14419877671_5904ea6607_b.jpg

And look! A left over part!

14421948082_405850d6a5_c.jpg

In this case, it's a good thing. :D

You know what's F***ING delicious after working for hours in the sun? Water.

I hope I never get hit in the front left corner. There are so many freakin' hoses and lines there now...

Awesome, man. I so wanna pick one up. Have to see how the next few months pan out now that the RAV will be paid off in October.

Did you have a thread with all the info on upgrades, what kit or parts, expected power - any of that stuff? If not, plz post or pm. Thanks.

Very nice build, one of the cleanest I've seen. I think you'll be pleased with the transformation it brings to the whole driving experience of the car.

As it sits, yours is still the most tastefully-modded BRZ/FRS I've seen. I'm torn on the idea of your new wheel plans, so I'm anxious to see how the wheels look on your car.

Thanks guys. :)

Awesome, man. I so wanna pick one up. Have to see how the next few months pan out now that the RAV will be paid off in October.

Did you have a thread with all the info on upgrades, what kit or parts, expected power - any of that stuff? If not, plz post or pm. Thanks.

No build thread here. I do have a thread on FT86club.com. But it's mostly focused on the first build of the car. You can see it here:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7106

Current list of mods:

Power:

Innovate twin-screw supercharger

Innovate Air-water intercooler

70mm pulley (original is 75mm)

Borla EL Header

Motive Over-pipe

ARC test pipe

ARC Grip cat-back

Zeitronix Flex-Fuel system

Delicious Tuning Stage 2 Flex-Fuel tune (this week)

HKS intake duct (mostly for sound, really)

Robispec high capacity radiator w/ oil cooler

Drivetrain:

Go Fast Bits lightweight pulleys

ACT Pro-Lite flywheel

ACT Street Clutch

PST CF driveshaft

STI Engine mounts

STI Transmission mount

Whiteline differential bushing inserts

Whiteline rear subframe bushing inserts

Suspension:

RCE Tarmac II coil overs w/ 400in/lb springs F/R

Vorshlag Camber plates

Whiteline adjustable front sway bar links

Whiteline rear camber adjustment bushings

Rota RT5 wheels 18x8.5+44 Fr, 18x9.5+44 Rr

Dunlop ZII tires 255/35-18 Fr, 265/35-18 Rr

Cusco Front strut bar (mostly for looks + Master Cylinder brace)

Brakes:

STI Brembos

Adam's Rotors custom rotors

Stoptech Braided steel lines

Master Cylinder brace from above

Then there are the the look-good/driveability bits, like the spoiler lip kit, etc..

The tune I'm getting should put the car around 300rwhp with a tank of E85. A centrifugal blower would likely make more top-end than me, but I like the twin-screw's response, and frankly, it just looks and sounds cooler too. :D But 300whp in a 2750lb car will be the best power/weight ratio car I've owned. So far I've had: '98 T/A 10lb/hp, '07 STI 10.7lb/hp, '14 S5 11.3lb/hp. The BRZ should end up at around 8lb/hp. I'm looking forward to this. :)

Very nice build, one of the cleanest I've seen. I think you'll be pleased with the transformation it brings to the whole driving experience of the car.

As it sits, yours is still the most tastefully-modded BRZ/FRS I've seen. I'm torn on the idea of your new wheel plans, so I'm anxious to see how the wheels look on your car.

Thank you. I like to keep things moderate; kind of OEM+. But this time, I'm getting a little more vulgar. I abandoned the yellow lip on the wheels, but I'm still going for a yellow accent. The calipers are bright yellow as well. It is also a lot noisier both outside and inside.

I think a great daily driver/weekend warrior build would be:

N/A engine

Flex fuel kit

AirRaid intake

JDL catted header

Aftermarket overpipe/high flow catted front pipe/catback

Delicious tune (should be about 190rwhp or so)

Lightweight pulley

CF or Aluminum driveshaft

RCE "Starter Kit" (springs, front camber/caster adjustment, rear camber adjustment)

245/40-17 summer tires

Lightweight(15-17lbs) 17x(8.5 or 9) wheels

RCE sway bar kit

Whiteline adjustable endlinks

STI Brembo calipers

CarboTech brake pads (one set street, one set track)

Braided lines

Clutch brace

Depending on catback selection (Stock is even a viable choice) this should keep the car close to stock comfort for daily use and still have a really fun car for AutoX or Track days. I had close to this and had plenty of fun at Mid-Ohio. I even chased down a few "faster" cars too.

Edited by Draco-REX

TBH, I was sad to see you sell your last car. One of my fav on here at the time. SO clean and a model I've always liked. Then you got this and I was like :wtf: but I should've known it wouldn't stay stock long. :)

Looks good man. In for vid as well, or hopefully see it in person sometime.

TBH, I was sad to see you sell your last car. One of my fav on here at the time. SO clean and a model I've always liked. Then you got this and I was like :wtf: but I should've known it wouldn't stay stock long. :)

Looks good man. In for vid as well, or hopefully see it in person sometime.

I'm actually thinking of picking up another STI. But a 2006 this time. It'll be for RallyX though, so it won't look much like the last one.

So no BRZ at C&C tomorrow, (or next week due to a race). It's still a paperweight in my garage without a tune. I don't know what's taking a week to get a canned tune to me, but so far, I've got nothing despite reassurances. Needless to say, I'm pissed.

The wheels are here and ready to go on the car. But I can't roll the car out of the garage to put them on since I won't be able to get it back in without the engine. So they look nice against the wall....

So no BRZ at C&C tomorrow, (or next week due to a race). It's still a paperweight in my garage without a tune. I don't know what's taking a week to get a canned tune to me, but so far, I've got nothing despite reassurances. Needless to say, I'm pissed.

The wheels are here and ready to go on the car. But I can't roll the car out of the garage to put them on since I won't be able to get it back in without the engine. So they look nice against the wall....

Exercise some restraint; stay out of boost!

Exercise some restraint; stay out of boost!

It's a twin-screw. All there is is boost with more than a little throttle.

Actually, it turns out they got the tune to me at 4:30am this morning. I'm going to get it in the car, but it won't be ready for C&C. So I'll have to wait for a month for its C&C debut. But I'll be putting it through its paces before then.

It's ALIVE!

And it hauls!

Warmed it up and did some runs on the last couple gallons of 93 in the tank, then filled it up with moonshine. The mix seems to have stabilized at about E70, and there was a noticeable improvement in power.

Just a couple little issues to sort out, then it's new wheels and a good wash!

I hope to get it to CR's benchmark dyno at DTM and see what numbers it's making.