Dear god GM

Geeesammy

This is related to the Takata airbags that have been recalled. So far it's over 10.5 million cars that have been recalled across multiple brands (VW, Toyota, Honda, GM, etc)

There's an update at the end of the article that also states that the stop sale has been lifted and they are now moving into the recall phase

There's an update at the end of the article that also states that the stop sale has been lifted and they are now moving into the recall phase

Analysts are now saying that they expect Takata to take a $500 million charge this year related to these recalls, given the current numbers. Supposedly, they have $1 billion in cash, but if this recall expands to 15 million (from 10.5 million today) cars they may be in trouble.

GM LOL.

I recently saw an article how car manufacturers have giant, and i mean GIANT lots of brand new cars they couldn't sell due to over production. Maybe if they spent the extra cash on R&D instead of surplus they wouldn't be in this situation.

GM LOL.

I recently saw an article how car manufacturers have giant, and i mean GIANT lots of brand new cars they couldn't sell due to over production. Maybe if they spent the extra cash on R&D instead of surplus they wouldn't be in this situation.

That Zero Hedge article is total bullshit.

Whats the true cost of a recall to GM? Is there insurance for this sort of thing?

It probably depends on the component, but typically the supplier pays for it. They do a time study in order to determine tech time, multiply that by the number of cars, and bill the supplier. Of course there are negotiations that occur.

GM LOL.

Read this and never speak of that Zero Hedge nonsense ever again.

Fuck it, the only recall my GMs had were for an EGR valve which were promptly removed anyways :p

Same here, "passenger airbag module programming". Who the hell cares about the passenger, drivers works fine! [emoji109]