Need Glass Drilled

Robert Aaron Parsons

Hey guys!

I am building a custom terrarium for my show dart frogs and need some glass drilled. All the glass places around town want a crazy amount of $ to do it. I'm looking to have three 5/8 inch holes drilled in a 1/4 inch thick piece of glass. I can bring the piece to you.

Anyone on here able to do this? I am willing to pay some $ but not $30 a hole like the glass places want.

Thanks!

Pavo

Zettler hardware offered to drill my glass when i was buying. No idea on pricing. How large are the sheets? You can buy the bits/lubricant at the hardware store and do it yourself.

There is one in Powell, and one on hard road.

You'll want to check and make sure that tank isn't tempered on teh side you intend to drill - some tanks are tempered on the bottom only, others all over, or only front glass, etc.

Putting a hole in glass isn't that hard, you can buy a glass holesaw for your 30 bucks and DIY.

http://i.imgur.com/khfva.jpg

(before I catch any shit, one hole is higher than the others on purpose.)

I tried Zettler and they said they couldn't do it. It's actually just a piece of square glass I had cut that needs drilled. It's not attached as part of the tank yet. I figured it would be easier to have drilled and replaced if needed before attaching it. The whole piece isn't tempered.

Pavo