Keltec PMR 30?

cybe

There is no such thing as too many guns...safes are just too small.

IMO I don't see much point in it. It's light and you have high capacity. But it's big for a ccw. 22 mag costs as much as 9mm and 9mm has better stopping power. It certainly has a cool factor but limited practical uses. Good luck.

I have a gen 2 version - light as a feather, deadly accurate. The most fun gun I have to shoot and I have a lot of guns. I have yet to be able to get 30 rounds in the mag though, at about 25ish the new round's rims start denting the cases of the previous round as you are trying to jam them in. And for those that say .22 WMR is not a good carry round - maybe it's true for a single or double shot, but 25 very accurate rounds with little recoil, would be something I would not wish to be at the receiving end of. Not to mention the two foot flame out the end of the barrel. It's the one gun I will never sell along with my M1 rifle....

I really like these guns. I really don't like seeing them priced a $650. They are a $400-$500 gun. Let alone, yes you can find them, but not there are not many I have seen with a reasonable price on them. Hell, at $650, I'm just going to spend a little more and get a FN 5.7 with far better ammo availability.

FN 5.7 with far better ammo availability.

I'd do this for sure if they were reloadable. Apparently the case rim is too small, (and it moves .1mm on firing because of the blowback action)

As for the 22WMR, at thirty cents a click .. that's still pushing it IMO.

The PMR30 is available now at NASR for ~550.

• 2 months later...
The minute they make a .17hmr bbl for it, I shall buy one.

I think I have read that two companies to make a .17 pistol and both have a high FTF FTE rate. That would be a neat round in a pistol.

What is retail on them?

Most places, if you see they have one, they are around $650. They were told from Kel Tec, the pricing would be $448. I missed the deal you told me about. But, when I looked into it, they only had 4 guns to sell. needless to say, those sold quickly.

Edited by Mojoe
Wording.

maybe it's true for a single or double shot, but 25 very accurate rounds with little recoil, would be something I would not wish to be at the receiving end of.

You're making BIG assumptions that you'd have the time and control under true stress to fire 25 well placed rounds. Not saying I necessarily agree/disagree with what to carry, but I disagree that anyone can get 25 rounds off in a SD scenario. That's not SD. That's manslaughter. lol

I really like these guns. I really don't like seeing them priced a $650. They are a $400-$500 gun. Let alone, yes you can find them, but not there are not many I have seen with a reasonable price on them. Hell, at $650, I'm just going to spend a little more and get a FN 5.7 with far better ammo availability.

:megusta:

I was there yesterday and they told me 2 year waiting list to get one. Ask me if I wanted to get on list.

The canton store said they can order them and get them, didn't mention a waiting list.