NASA Meet

SPL_Josh

That's you I take it, good job!

you back to competitions then? I don't think I ever saw you compete at NASA when I did. Last one I did was the unequipped nationals were some kid beat me by 5 pounds as I had issues with my squat dropping bad 2 weeks before the meet.

Bench form wasnt to bad

your transition point on the deadlift needs a little work to make it smoother.

Guys, help me out here. I know nothing about competitions.

How does he set a record for benching 145lbs? Is it like bracket lifting?

Totally serious question here.

Do you even lift, bruh?

Serious.

not 145lbs but it was 152.5 kilos (336lbs)

But it is a record in that federation, and with NASA there are so many different divisions (in each weight class) that pretty much everybody can get a 1rst place trophy and its not so hard to set a "national record" there and super easy to set a "state record"

That's you I take it, good job!

you back to competitions then? I don't think I ever saw you compete at NASA when I did. Last one I did was the unequipped nationals were some kid beat me by 5 pounds as I had issues with my squat dropping bad 2 weeks before the meet.

Bench form wasnt to bad

your transition point on the deadlift needs a little work to make it smoother.

Any suggestions? I was trying to switch to sumo but hadn't practiced any real heavy sumo pulls before the meet. So I reverted what I was comfortable with.

Do you even math?

1 kilo =2.2lbs

Any suggestions? I was trying to switch to sumo but hadn't practiced any real heavy sumo pulls before the meet. So I reverted what I was comfortable with.

well I'm a conventional puller, been doing sumo just for complementary training.

but main thing I notice is when you lock out your legs. it looks like you set and ramp up the legs which causes a transition hitch. you have to move your shoulders into position at the end instead of them being in place at the start.

here is a video of one of my max pulls, it goes up slow so you can see how my transition is smoother. from when my knees lock out to my back, shoulders are fixed.

this guy has great sumo form

not 145lbs but it was 152.5 kilos (336lbs)

But it is a record in that federation, and with NASA there are so many different divisions (in each weight class) that pretty much everybody can get a 1rst place trophy and its not so hard to set a "national record" there and super easy to set a "state record"

Gotcha - Makes cents