Drag Radials

Bogie89

Alright fellas and gals. I'm looking to get some drag radials for my new wheels. I'm looking to gather your guys reviews and opinions on your favorite ones. Brand, size, and how long they lasted you. I'm currently looking at 315/35r20 Nitto NT05s.

How many miles would you say they lasted? I still daily mine until I buy a new daily.

I would not use drag radials as a daily tire, that will not end well. They will not deal well with high amounts of water, trust me.

Buy some cheap spare rims to mount them on for track use.

For best track performance (ie stickey) Mickey Thompson or Hoosier. For a better all around tire that gets longer life the Nitto 555R, the NT05r is more in between. I have driven in the rain on both Mickeys and Nittos and the Nittos are notably better, not nearly what a regular tire is but there is a big difference between drag radials. If getting some mileage is a concern I'd go Nittos, if all out track performance Hoosiers (Mickeys are a very close second).

Anyone experience with Nitto Invos? I may get them.

I have Invos on my Impala. I love them for a street tire. For a car with somewhat mild acceleration like my Impala they grip just fine and the car corners well now too. I don't think they are much of a track tire though.

Well what guys with my setup are at is anywhere from 445-465hp. It's not like it's gonna be a monster just a fun street car that I'll wanna go to the track with sometimes. I guess I may give the Invos a shot and see how they do.

I would not use drag radials as a daily tire, that will not end well. They will not deal well with high amounts of water, trust me.

Buy some cheap spare rims to mount them on for track use.

I daily drove bfg drag radials every day on the srt4 :D handled great in the rain. Even did some passes in the rain and it hooked well haha.

hit me up if you decide to go with nittos i've got the best pricing on them in town.

on a preference note.. i have the invo in 295-35-18 on the rear of my bullit that makes 507whp and they like to smoke with a 4.10 rear gear... i wouldnt even bother taking them to the track.. my car will get a drag radial next.. the nittos nto5rs will last you 10k ish the invos should last closer to 20k

An Invo isn't a drag radial, where'd that come from? Make thread about picking out drag radials, decide on something thats not a drag radial. Typical CR is typical.

Haha yeah I kind of went off track here. I'll have to get a 2nd set of rear wheels for radials till I get a daily.

hit me up if you decide to go with nittos i've got the best pricing on them in town.

on a preference note.. i have the invo in 295-35-18 on the rear of my bullit that makes 507whp and they like to smoke with a 4.10 rear gear... i wouldnt even bother taking them to the track.. my car will get a drag radial next.. the nittos nto5rs will last you 10k ish the invos should last closer to 20k

I'll pm you.