shipping car across the US

armin922

I was wondering if any of you has ever done this, the car is being shipped from Spokane, WA to Columbus.

Would anyone be able to guide me in the right direction as to what to look for in a company, how much it would cost, etc.

Thanks

Talk to a semi-driver and ask who they know that dispatches, once you have that contact they will be able to post the car up for you with a low price until someone bites to pick it up. I usually go with every mile is a dollar. So 500 miles away is $500, 1200 miles away is $1200 etc.. But from past experience its usually cheaper.

Cost is a factor of distance, covered vs. uncovered, how soon you need it, etc.

I recently shipped a car from Cali to Columbus, door to door, uncovered for $745 in 7 days. I got quotes from $700 - 1200 and was harassed by several companies for weeks following my quote process.

I used Quicken Auto Transport and it was a positive experience.

Cost is a factor of distance, covered vs. uncovered, how soon you need it, etc.

I recently shipped a car from Cali to Columbus, door to door, uncovered for $745 in 7 days. I got quotes from $700 - 1200 and was harassed by several companies for weeks following my quote process.

I used Quicken Auto Transport and it was a positive experience.

This is accurate. Also considered by drivers is shipping routes. If you're having a car shipped TO somewhere they're likely going to be able to pick up more cars and take elsewhere (aka make more money) they'll give you a better rate. If you want a car shipped somewhere that nobody ships out of, they're going to be burning gas making no money on the return trip, so you're going to pay for that.

thanks guys!! It will be shipped from Spokane,WA. Nothing special just a regular car if that makes a difference. My gf is moving back here from WAshington and doesnt want to make the long drive. Long drive vs car shipped financial wise is about even. So we are having it shipped.