New sanctions! Russian Small Arms and ammunition imports

jjjxlr8

Well, I knew the day was coming. New sanctions have now been put in place against several Russian companies, including:

KALASHNIKOV CONCERN (a.k.a. CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; a.k.a. IZHEVSKIY MASHINOSTROITEL'NYI ZAVOD OAO; f.k.a. IZHMASH R&D CENTER; f.k.a. JSC NPO IZHMASH; f.k.a. NPO IZHMASH OAO; a.k.a. OJSC CONCERN KALASHNIKOV; f.k.a. OJSC IZHMASH; f.k.a. SCIENTIFIC PRODUCTION ASSOCIATION IZHMASH JOINT STOCK COMPANY), 3, Derjabin Pr., Izhevsk, Udmurt Republic 426006, Russia; Registration ID 1111832003018 [uKRAINE2].

FEDERAL STATE UNITARY ENTERPRISE STATE RESEARCH AND PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE BAZALT (a.k.a. FEDERAL STATE UNITARY ENTERPRISE, STATE RESEARCH AND PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE BAZALT; a.k.a. FSUE SRPE BAZALT; a.k.a. STATE RESEARCH AND PRODUCTION ENTERPRISE BAZALT), 32 Velyaminovskaya, Moscow 105318, Russia; Website http://www.bazalt.ru; Email Address moscow@bazalt.ru [uKRAINE2].

The first group will affect all Saiga AK sporting rifles and shotguns, VEPR rifle and shotguns, anything coming out of MOLOT including Mosin Nagants, and the Baikal rifles and shotguns.

The second group may not be immediately recognized, but its the group that includes the Ulyanovsk machinery plant and the Klimovsk plant that makes much of the inexpensive Russian ammo sold under the (Brown, Silver Golden, etc.) Bear and Tula brands.

I hate to start another panic buying frenzy, but if you want any of this Russian stuff you better get it NOW. It will not be imported anymore. Sometimes it takes the retailers a few days to react so you might be able to get it at the current prices before it goes up.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/OFAC-Enforcement/Pages/20140716.aspx

Almost all of the recent batches of Mosin Nagant rifles (Pu snipers, M91/30's, M44s, even M38s) have all come out of Russian through MOLOT. I believe that MOLOT was 'absorbed' by Izhmash which was named in the sanctions.

No more cheap Mosin Nagants, now?

If this was really about sanctions, and not an excuse for sneaky gun control, then Russian vodka would also be getting sanctioned right about now.

I don't know anything about these specific companies, but if you wanted to fuck with the Russia's ability to fight wars, you'd stop giving money to their arms manufacturers while encouraging them to make a shitload of booze. We should also support their prostitution industry, maybe they'll forget all about Ukraine.

Just sayin'.