It's the first 5 meters that count..

justinwebb

It's been a few years but I read a thread on a smart car forum about something like this. The cheese dicks with the smart cars bragged how their cars were faster from 0-10mph than the fastest cars out there. It was painful to read because the idiots really thought they had something to brag about.

The best part was they were talking about mods to make them faster.

Well, I think they're making the point that you don't launch your car in day to day driving, so that electric right-now torque is useable.

Yeah if I really expect to get cut off by a smart car I'll throw some revs before letting the clutch out and leave it, just on the principle alone. SUCK IT ENVIRONMENT!

So this little shitmobile makes it easier for you to be a dickhead in traffic is all they have to brag about? Oops, lane's blocked better just cut this guy off and hope he doesn't rage on me at the next light. SMRT

So this little shitmobile makes it easier for you to be a dickhead in traffic is all they have to brag about? Oops, lane's blocked better just cut this guy off and hope he doesn't rage on me at the next light. SMRT

LOL

Glad I wasn't the only person thinking that....

Hard to believe it's part of an advertising campaign.

Well, I think they're making the point that you don't launch your car in day to day driving, so that electric right-now torque is useable.

Yeah if I really expect to get cut off by a smart car I'll throw some revs before letting the clutch out and leave it, just on the principle alone. SUCK IT ENVIRONMENT!

^^ this. I've had that happen actually. Not that I cared or gave shit at the time as I'm not actively trying to cock-block people in traffic. However I think 95% of the time when it happens, it's because the other guy isn't expecting a "race" from a stop. Hell, beating up on a Prius or Smart Car is right up there with lighting cats on fire. Does beg to question how well they fair in an offset crash though.....

That said I do think it's funny that here in Cbus there are an awful lot of Prius drivers trying to hang in the fast lane at 80mph.