2004 CBR600RR hesitation/surging

mattm

Agreed, intermittent is probably an electronic sensor. Maybe one or more is a potentiometer type position sensor or switch, or something, and cleaning it would work. Throttle position sensor. Ignition cutout devices (kickstand). I've downloaded your service manual, but haven't looked at it yet. I wonder how many copies of the cbr600rr manual I got now...

btw, it almost sounds hot also, is the radiator fan on, or should be on, when this happens? Temperature ok?

Fan kicks on at 220 like it is supposed to. Every time this has happened the bike has been over 200. Highest it has ever gone for me is 227 in stop and go on broad street at rush hour. Get it rolling over 50mph for a bit and the temp comes down. Might flush the coolant this summer but unless I go straight water and water wetter the temps are not going to come down.

Any MIL codes on the gauge panel Malfunction Indicator Lamp? Flashing?

No MILs or anything flashing. Nothing at all. Kind of wish it would cause it would be easier to troubleshoot.

Put a whole bottle of techcron in the tank and ran it pretty hard coming home. Have a full tank of gas and this has happened on a low tank and a full tank. Will hammer it a little on the way to work tomorrow and see what happens. It will definitely get above 200 degrees on my way to work. Commute normally takes 30 plus minutes, but it hasn't happened during the commute yet.

Thanks guys. Still running through the list of crap it could be. Would like to start eliminating items instead of adding to the list... :(

Edited by mattm

could be a TPS issue, i think i've heard of a few ppl having issues with the TPS. ill search a tad on 600rr.net and see what i can find. I've been lazy :D

Thanks! Searching there as well along with cbrforum.

Update!

I am still having the issue and am now looking at replacing the tank. The bike is an 04 and only had 4900 miles on it so I believe that it sat around a good bit. Here are the pictures. The question I have is do you think I should also replace the pump? It seems to be working fine and I would certainly clean it up and the screen before installing it in another tank.

Edited by mattm