REI at Easton

Mojoe

I thought I was going to hate this over priced outdoor store. I don't. The clothing alone, is what I have been looking for. I like function, far more than fashion. The clothing is pricey. I don't mind that for things that will last and are highly functional. The selection of outdoor equipment is really nice. I just did a primitive'ish hike and camp trip a few weeks ago. I could have found all the gear I needed in REI. Much of it I already had, but there is always something you want and they have it.

They also have a member program that pays you at the end of the years on REI products you have bought. Along with member discount coupons. I just got $20 off my purchase from there offer a couple weeks ago.

In short, if you are an outdoors person or shopping for someone who is, check this place out.

I do need a new tent. Is all of their stuff pricey, backpacking equipment made for treks up Everest or do they cater to the suburban, occasional camper?

I only looked at a couple packs, just passing by them. I did not look in detail at all. Although, the ones I saw were $275+. I am sure they have many that aren't as expensive, just as I'm sure they have some that cost more. Hope that helps a little.

I do need a new tent... suburban, occasional camper?

http://www.rei.com/product/831230/eureka-copper-canyon-6-tent

I grabbed one of these during a sale, ended up around $225 I think. I'm 6'6" and like my breathing room, can stand up in there, put a queen airbed, and it still packs up like a camping chair.

On the topic, get some of these things: http://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Mountaineering-Chair-Shoulder-Padded/dp/B001RLQNSO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Rated to 800 lbs, less crummy WalMart rivets.

The clothing alone, is what I have been looking for.

There are some quality duds there - Filson, etc.