Anthony may have stopped smoking...

Sully

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love BBQ. And I would love to build a smoker and make my own. Experimenting with rubs and sauces would be fun.

But I can't find room for another hobby. :(

I vote get rid of the hippie bike idea, and get on board with this one!

Cant wait to get one of these, unfortunately our current place doesn't have the room for another grill, will have to wait till we buy a house in the spring. Ugh i want FOOD

I'm thinking about smoking some bacon wrapped chicken breasts first. A nice easy first smoke

Do your research on prepping the chicken the night before. If not done right, the skin will be rubbery. Always use fresh meat. I buy and prep mine the night before smoking. Instead of water in the pan, you can use chicken broth. Do not use thick cut bacon. You'll want to use regular or thin.

Do your research on prepping the chicken the night before. If not done right, the skin will be rubbery. Always use fresh meat. I buy and prep mine the night before smoking. Instead of water in the pan, you can use chicken broth. Do not use thick cut bacon. You'll want to use regular or thin.

I have seen all kinds of ways to prep and do it, pretty much like cars, everybody has their way and its the best.

Meijer has the wood chip boxes on sale for $3 reach now.

I got the smoker all put together and will season it Friday night.

I'm thinking about smoking some bacon wrapped chicken breasts first. A nice easy first smoke

Pork shoulders are easy. Anything innately low in fat (chicken) is going to be harder. Pork shoulders are cheap, have plenty of fat & turn out extremely juicy & flavorful. Besides, the last thing you want to do is start off with something difficult, fuck it up & get a bad taste in your mouth for smoking.

I'm doing one this saturday with brazilian black beans & smoked goat cheese.

You'll be fine and eat like a king. Just remember it's best to brine poultry overnight and go easy on the salt. I don't care what the recipe says, go easy on it or you will regret it. Been there done that. Looks like you're doing skinless which is good. If ever you do whole parts or what not just keep the temps high or the skin will rubberize.

Make sure you have a good digital dual probe thermometer and you'll be fine.

Traditional Brazilian black beans use the bacon grease left over from the morning breakfast..ill just fry 4-5 pieces of bacon in the pan I'm doing the beans in and incorporate the bacon crumbles when everything is added. I skip the entire 1st paragraph since my beans come soaking in cans.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/snowdoc83/Mobile%20Uploads/20140828_203851_zpssodfh6bx.jpg

Edited by Sturg

You'll be fine and eat like a king. Just remember it's best to brine poultry overnight and go easy on the salt. I don't care what the recipe says, go easy on it or you will regret it. Been there done that. Looks like you're doing skinless which is good. If ever you do whole parts or what not just keep the temps high or the skin will rubberize.

Make sure you have a good digital dual probe thermometer and you'll be fine.

Thermometer will be here today (using the one Derrick posted).

Smoker is put together and ready to be seasoned tonight.

Going to get the stuff tonight for the brine and smoke. I might pull a bit of the salt out of the brine.

I think for the outside of the bacon I will do a brown suger and papricka rub.