Porsche Cayman GT4

Buteo

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/new-kid-block-porsche-cayman-gt4-revealed-gt3-rivaling-450-horsepower/#!bIomJG

Stopped into the local Porsche dealer with a friend that's number 1 on their list for the new GT3 RS. We got to talking and the manager kept raving about the GT4 and it's potential performance for the money.

Porsche GT3 tranny mated to 3.8L twin turbo 450hp. Of course PCCB is an option along with oodles of carbon fiber goodies all for around 120ish. This wasn't from a salesmen, but the manager of the dealership that spends lots of time over in Germany.

So now I'm number one on their list for the Cayman GT4. :gabe:

Now I wait.

Edit: forgot to mention he said it will be wide bodied. Similar in change from base 911 s(not 4s) to the 911 turbo s.

Edited by Buteo

Considering my next vehicle purchase which will happen in a few months,

the hardcore Cayman won’t be out until at least 2016.

:fuuuu:

I Love the idea of this.

For years people have cried out for a Cayman with 911 specs, and gone through a great deal of aftermarket support to make it happen.

:megusta::megusta::megusta:

I know it's a crazy idea, but could it be time to retire the vanilla 911 in favor of the Cayman? Let the Cayman be what it was originally designed to be (as good as it can be, and faster than an equivalent 911).

The 911 can become a halo car of sorts, purely in Turbo/Turbo S/GT3/GT2 spec. Cayman can fill the range, from base Cayman spec (entry level) up to GT4 to compete with the "lower" range of 911s.

I know it's a crazy idea, but could it be time to retire the vanilla 911 in favor of the Cayman? Let the Cayman be what it was originally designed to be (as good as it can be, and faster than an equivalent 911).

The 911 can become a halo car of sorts, purely in Turbo/Turbo S/GT3/GT2 spec. Cayman can fill the range, from base Cayman spec (entry level) up to GT4 to compete with the "lower" range of 911s.

Really can't see that happening. The base 911 is much more roomier than the cayman...and people will always buy a 911 purely because it's a 911.

For example- a surgeon I work with wanted a porsche for the name/style/look and he just picked up a 4s purely on aesthetics. He had no interest in the cayman because it wasn't a 911 and the idea of a turbo/s/gt3 frightened him. Not to mention it's been confirmed porsche makes about 23k for every 911 sold. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/14/vw-earns-23k-per-porsche-sold/

:fuuuu:

I Love the idea of this.

For years people have cried out for a Cayman with 911 specs, and gone through a great deal of aftermarket support to make it happen.

:megusta::megusta::megusta:

Drat!

Shocked they're finally making something like this, exciting

Really can't see that happening. The base 911 is much more roomier than the cayman...and people will always buy a 911 purely because it's a 911.

For example- a surgeon I work with wanted a porsche for the name/style/look and he just picked up a 4s purely on aesthetics. He had no interest in the cayman because it wasn't a 911 and the idea of a turbo/s/gt3 frightened him. Not to mention it's been confirmed porsche makes about 23k for every 911 sold. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/14/vw-earns-23k-per-porsche-sold/

Very good points. I'm in no position to be a Porsche guy yet, but I've always found the vanilla 911 to be...well, vanilla.