A boy and his Hemi (long)

FatHemiDude

Yesterday was a great day. Nothing to do and all day to do it. Which is pretty much every day for me.

Up early as always. Wash & dry my "car towels". You know, the ever-expanding overflowing bag of microfiber and drying tools you keep in a plastic bag in the trunk. The Weather Channel assures me that though it will be overcast early, Sol will indeed make an appearance and there will be no rain. In this day and age, if you can't trust a board-certified meteorologist, who can you trust?

So at 10:00 in the morning I head to the NAPA store in Grove City in search of Plasti-Dip, for a Challenger-related project. Going to paint, well, dip, the DODGE letters on the rear tail lens black, like the 70s originals.

Only customer there, and after a fruitless cursory recon of the paint isle, I finally acquiesce and ask the apparently 13-year old behind the counter if they stock Plasti-Dip. He looked at me as if I had asked him to name the capital of Uzbekistan. It's Tashkent, btw.

So no go at NAPA. Head to Lowe's, and now the previously gray sky is quickly becoming patchy blue, I give a mental High-5 to the Weather Channel and the sunroof goes back and the windows go down. From the speakers, Stabbing Westward cautions me not to become the thing I hate, at volume.

Lowe's has Plasti-Dip. All freaking kinds of Plasti-Dip.

I secure my can and head to my favorite Car Wash. Along the way, I see a good sized car show spilling out of the Advance Auto parking lot just down Broad St. from the Car Wash.

So I begin the frankly (to me) enjoyable task of gently exfoliating that huge, impossibly red piece of Dodge automotive eye candy that I have christened 'Redrum'. It sings, am I right?

I rumble around to the back of the Car Wash to dry (using Meguiar's wax as you dry spray, highly recommended) and hear the sweet sound of "Don't fuck with me"-levels of horsepower emanating from the open doors of Dyno Tune Motorsports, which is located directly behind the car wash.

After glossing all the trim & making the windshield invisible, I head back to the rear of the shop to see what's on the Dyno. It's a Mustang! Which is exciting, because really, how often do you get a chance to see a Mustang? :)

Whole place smells like E-85 gas, as there were some minor technical difficulties with the fuel rails blowing off and spraying liquid corn everywhere. It was like the Jolly Green Giant sneezed in the place.

Ended up hanging out for a couple of hours talking cars while Brian did tune after tune. Met some very cool people, with even cooler cars. Graciously accepted the compliments about "That beautiful Challenger parked out back" from people coming in. The next tune was up, it was a Ferrari Daytona. Naw, just fucking with you, it was a.....wait for it....Mustang!

I've worn many hats in my 86 years, but in the final analysis, I'm a salesman at heart. So I grabbed a bunch of Dyno Tune Motorsports business cards and stopped at the car show and passed them out. Actually, I keep cards in my wallet and whenever I see a hot car in a parking lot, as I walk by I leave one under the wiper on the windshield.

Great drive home with blue skies equally sharing the sky with white puffy clouds. Upon arrival, I find my off-road mid pipes & Eibach Pro kit had been delivered.

Cherry on top, baby. Hope everyone else had a great day too.