STEVE-O

Setup will be:

Stock bottom end lq4 with arp rod bolts

PRC 2.5 ls6 heads with all their springs etc included

Arp head studs

Fast 78mm intake/ tb combo

Fast rails with 1200cc injectors on e85

On3 76-78 ( haven't decided fully yet)

Goal is 800whp but don't know a lot about cams and don't know what to look for. Motor came with a ms3 that will be coming out as I do at least know they are not boost friendly.

If you're just looking for soemthing off the shelf I'd check out Tick Performance and this cam. http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-performance-turbo-stage-2-v2-camshaft-for-ls1-ls6-engines/

Let me know if the MS3 is in good shape and you want to sell it.

It should be in great shape, I know the bottom end has never even had coolant in it yet but not 100% if the cam is still brand new or not I will find out for you, ad it will be for sale.

What things make that a good turbo can? I am not sure what is good or bad when looking for a boosted can never had to until now.

Just cheeked cam has 0 miles on it

This. Spend the little extra money and get a custom spec'd cam, it will be well worth it.

That doesn't help me however because idk what specs I should be looking for in a custom cam etc. The cam Scott posted looks great for my rpm range and stall size also

I'm sure if I had big goals I'd talk to a can expert (of which I am not) and spec out something well suited for my specific combo. However bolting together a lot of off the shelf parts doesn't neccesitate a custom can. Turbos are going to need to move air without overlap on the camshaft bleeding off boost, point of the matter is the really important specs like intake and exhaust center lines and knowing how to make it all work are best left to someone with experience. So buying an off the shelf cam designed for turbos and setups like yours is exactly what I would do. Its my opinion that camshafts can be a lot like custom tuning in that just because so and so pushes the buttons on the keyboard doesn't always make for big power difference if you're giving the engine what it wants.

John specs a ton of the forced induction cams... You give him specifics and he will give you a custom grind... Him or Brian Tooley

Thank you I will shoot him a email or call and see what he suggest. Much rather spend a little more for something that will work much better esp. Because I have lots of time

Probably need the 78 turbo btw, i think guys were running out of exhaust flow on the 76.

Good to know, this is something I will be talking to chad more about when the time to decide comes as I will probably be going with one of his kits.