Q: cheap light

nurkvinny

If you're sticking with cheap but good value, I'd upgrade to this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-5569-ProTec-High-Powered-Firearm/dp/B004BNROME/ref=sr_1_47?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1410310714&sr=1-47&keywords=led+%2B+rail

CR123 is a better battery, and nebo is at least reputable among cheapies.

If you'd like to go spend a little more, this is a good deal:

http://www.amazon.com/EXCLUSIVE-Fenix-S2-Flashlight-batteries/dp/B00GY7DKFA/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=1-2&keywords=fenix+%2B+gun

Would not be great for a small gun, but includes rechargeables + charger, rail mount, and a pressure switch if preferred. Can also run on CR123 lithium non-rechargeables.

It would probably work just fine, but if this is something for home protection I would suggest something a little more proven.

I have a Streamlight TLR-1 on my M&P9, and will move it over to my Glock 19 once I get it cleaned up and test fired (apparently some G19's don't cycle well with a light?). It's not the nicest light on the market, but it it works every time. My thought is if you ever need to use it, you better make sure it works. (Hence the glock lol)

I had it actually at one time. Its about as bright as a $1.00 flashlight from the dollar store. Why yes it is still a flashlight the streamlight pretty much goes unmatched. Look for one used on armslist. I found one for $30 after a bit of searching and waiting. Works perfectly. The strobe feature is excellent.