Seat replacement DIY

Sturg1647545502

A while back i bought a dr650. I did a fair amount of mechanical mods but since it was ugly as sin anyways I continued to neglect its looks.

Eventually I decided that one of the easiest thing to change was the seat (both for looks and comfort). The OEM seat was tolerable for about 2 hours max. Luckily the OEM fuel tank is so small that you were most likely filling up every few hours anyways.

So I searched around & heard some really good things about seat concepts. They were reportedly better value for money & more comfortable than the other options. I paid about 120 with free shipping. You recycle the seat pan & rip off the old cover & foam. I borrowed a small compressor, picked up harbor & freight pneumatic staple gun and found a can of 3M upholstery adhesive in the garage. Having never done anything with upholstering the install took about an hour or so and was really easy.

here's the results. Notice the "blue" on the old seat...it was actually a faded purple from 18 years ago!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/snowdoc83/Mobile%20Uploads/20140907_113900_zpske5hy4gn.jpg