How bout that new Tesla P85D...

Putty

And even then; swappable batteries - remember that the battery is the single most expensive part of the car. By far more expensive than all the electronics, the body, the engines....

Yes the tesla dealer in c-bus Easton said $33,000 to replace all the p85s battery's. If you had a few bad cells you would just replace one of the small pods. he said their are 17,000 battery's that are about the size of a AA battery. each pod has XX battery's way less then a 1,000. I should look it up to get my facts right because you know very few dealers even know anything about their cars. but you get the ideal and I am lazy this morning........Sorry

Ims issues and the coolant pipes that need the motor pulled to fix scare me, and the interior is garbage after you've been in a 997. If you're serious about a 996 though you can get one fairly cheap, good value for the money

Same could be said about a Gen 1 CTS-V vs a Gen 2

And I happy drive my Gen 1 V as a DD and let the other 25k stay in my account. :p

It's launching very soon. Sledhead could probably tell you the exact date.

Model X will start to be built in December for January shipping, I think at last count, there are about 20,000 pre orders. Meaning, if you ordered one today, it will be late next year to take delivery. The battery pack has 7000 lithium ion cells in separate packs, so the previous post got some bad info from the store. The individual batteries are about the size of a roll of quarters. Either way, battery costs will plummet once they are made in the USA.........when was the last time you heard.....we can make it cheaper here? Elon's hope is, all car manufactures abandon development of the battery packs and just buy them from him. Which will further the lowering of the cost of batteries. With 8 years unlimited mile warranty.....batteries should not be a concern. Now if he can just get the sub $50k car produced......well that will change the world.

I drove a P85....didn't really change my opinion on the car. There were some things I liked more than I thought I would, some I liked less but overall I didn't walk away wanting one.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to drive one, I respect what they've done with it, I have no issues the car just isn't for me.

If he can deliver a sub 50k car and not make it a pile like many of the current offerings out there I'd be onboard. I like the s and the x both, but after you total em up, you are spending 100k. I can't see it, sorry. I can get a nice car and a shitload of gas for 100k. I don't need to hear about performance blah blah either, if I wanted performance I wouldn't be worried about gas cost anyway. I want a nice car with a good range, period. Keep the other frilly shit for Hollywood.