Max Effort C5

LS_Sonoma

I'm picking up a 2001 M6 C5 next week from a friend for peanuts, super cheap if you will. The plan is a LQ4 build but in the mean time I'd like to seriously test this LSJuan. If you could travel back in time to cruising the boulevard before the little blue pill, what would you do besides the following: ARP rod bolts, skip shift eliminator and electric cutouts. I know this question is very broad but the goal is to rape this motor of every ounce of energy for next to nothing for fun.

Here's the rules:

No 1k intakes

241 heads are what you have

borla catback

Haltech stinger CAI

3.42 gears

No turbo's because engine bay space is limited

275 tire

gO!

I would get ahold of martin from Tick about a SNS cam

Martin is one of the best in the industry. I would trust him. Thanks for the reminder.

Plenty of skill, but I'm saving the budget for the LQ4 build. With that being said, how about this combo:

uSed MS3

New pushrods

New rod bolts

Used wet kit working up to 200 shot

New dedicated stand alone nitrous fuel system

Ls7 clutch etc.

No long tube headers, just electric cutouts before the x-pipe for the Venturi effect

Polish the stock throttle body

Will consider rr's or trunion upgrade

Bosch 044 or walbro 340 in tank

I think I can drill and tap the intake for direct port nozzles, sealing the threads may be difficult though.

I've been lucky enough to have some great seat time in the C5 platform. Over all I've always enjoyed the powerband of a BIG CAM or a centrif supercharger. Bang for the buck I'd probably strap a blower on it and be done. A c5 is a riot around 600whp.

Martin is one of the best in the industry. I would trust him. Thanks for the reminder.

Plenty of skill, but I'm saving the budget for the LQ4 build. With that being said, how about this combo:

uSed MS3

New pushrods

New rod bolts

Used wet kit working up to 200 shot

New dedicated stand alone nitrous fuel system

Ls7 clutch etc.

No long tube headers, just electric cutouts before the x-pipe for the Venturi effect

Polish the stock throttle body

Will consider rr's or trunion upgrade

Bosch 044 or walbro 340 in tank

I think I can drill and tap the intake for direct port nozzles, sealing the threads may be difficult though.

I have the 044, a new ms3, hardened push rods, intake with spray plate. Will make you a combo deal if interested

I have the 044, a new ms3, hardened push rods, intake with spray plate. Will make you a combo deal if interested

It'll be early spring before I buy. I won't waste your time with empty promises, I haven't even got the car home yet. Will keep you in mind though.